Bayern Munich CL Q/F 1st leg (H) | Man of the Match

Man of the Match

• Total voters
Ederson, Akanji, Dias, Stones, Ake,Rodri, Bernardo, Jack, Erling all have a strong case they played that well. Bernie was my pick. What a performance.

Probably the hardest pick for awhile as recently, someone has stood out amongst good performances all over from others, but damn, it wasn't an easy choice last night.

The Duracell Bunny was as excellent as ever and a constant thorn for them, Dias was a 10 foot stone wall in front of Eddie who was excellent himself when needed. Rodri just seems to get better, who saw a left footed curler coming?

Our left side is looking so, so, good right now though with Grealish turning into a morph of KdB and Bernie but I've given it to Ake for totally shutting down the left side for Bayern. Brilliant from all though.

Isn’t it brilliant to not know who to choose as MOTM cos they were all bloody fantastic!!
I’ve gone for Ruben, just because of Jamie Jackson, but everyone was at least a 9 out of 10. Nathan Ake, what a season he’s having, Rodri, easily the best defensive midfielder in football atm, Bernardo, immense etc etc.
Special mention for Ederson, couple of excellent and really important saves/interceptions last night.

In a performance in which literally every man stood up to be counted — they had to — Bernardo has to be given the laurels, it seems to me. Does it need to be repeated that the club should do everything in its power to keep him? His going would be a terrible loss.

Amazing team performance. Went for Bernardo, Dias a close second with Rodri, Stones, Ake, Grealish, Haaland all outstanding too

Just have to not bottle it next week and we're in the semis. Madrid rematch will be very tough though

Personally, I voted for Akanji, purely cause I think he raised his game more than anyone else last night, but they all deserve nothing but plaudits and praise. One of the best team performances you'll ever see.

I do hear you on that one. From looking quite uncomfortable, and a bit out of place in the exalted company he was keeping at the start of the season, he has gradually made the place his own. He'll never be on the same level as Dias, Aké, Stones, but then, who is? But he has raised his game to fit in with them as best he can. He sort of reminds me of Joleon alongside Kompany. Now Lescott was no Kompany, and he knew it, but he complemented him perfectly, especially in the 2011-12 season (we'll quietly forget about that back header in the final game!)

Could have been any of them but Akanji just shades it as most people were flapping he was in the team before the game started.

Literally could have given it to anyone on the pitch - even Alvarez coming on as sub was magnificent. Probably biased by being on his side behind our goal in the first half, went for Akanji, who was absolutely outstanding.

Up front, Bernado was unbelievable, incredible performance, Rodri, that goal! And everyone else too. Still buzzing now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.