Bayern Munich CL Q/F 2nd leg (A) | Man of the Match

Man of the Match

• Total voters
I gave it to Eddie because he supported the defence excellently, distributed well and made some top notch saves last night. IMO Bernardo and Jack Grealish were also fantastic.

Hands up from me as I was convinced that Pep would make a number of changes, but he stuck with his proven formula.

I gave it to Eddie because he supported the defence excellently, distributed well and made some top notch saves last night. IMO Bernardo and Jack Grealish were also fantastic.

Hands up from me as I was convinced that Pep would make a number of changes, but he stuck with his proven formula.
Pep was careful is what I noticed. No extraneous passign around at the back in the 2nd leg. No overt risk taking. I think Pep's evolving too.

We forget that I think..... this team are also helping Pep.

Thought Gundog was quietly efficient, Grealish, particularly 2nd half was excellent as was Dias, difficult to pin it on any outfield player so voting for Eddie, I've been critical of his goalkeeping ability in the past, but the last few games he's been excellent

Eddie. Made a few big saves at important times and didn't put a foot wrong.
Agree - well apart from picking up, yet another!, completely needless yellow!! He will end up getting fecking sent off one day for just being so feckin stupid.
Love the guy, for lots of reasons, but he does frustrate the feck out of me sometimes!
Apologies for going all Father Ted on this post - no clue why ... feck feck feck!!!

Agree - well apart from picking up, yet another!, completely needless yellow!! He will end up getting fecking sent off one day for just being so feckin stupid.
Love the guy, for lots of reasons, but he does frustrate the feck out of me sometimes!
Apologies for going all Father Ted on this post - no clue why ... feck feck feck!!!
No other keeper gets booked in the first half for wasting time, 99% of them seem to be immune to it before second half stoppage time, so I don't want to hold Eddie responsible for that.

No other keeper gets booked in the first half for wasting time, 99% of them seem to be immune to it before second half stoppage time, so I don't want to hold Eddie responsible for that.
Again, i agree but Eddy was taking a ridiculous amount of time on the goal kick and IMO deserved the completely unnecessary yellow.
I actually rated the ref and thought he was one of the best we have had in a long time.

How many keepers get cards for timewasting ? Just eddie mainly because he plays for us , he did nothing hundreds of other keepers do every week without getting carded

Between Grealish & Dias for me. Dias had a great game but lost the ball in the first half which could easily cost us a goal. Grealish kept the ball really well as he usually does & slowed the game down when required, getting the free kicks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.