Bayern Munich Day Trip. PLACES STILL AVAILABLE.

En route to Munich now.. What are the chances of being able to pick up a ticket for the city end once we get there?

Spike is NOT ripping anybody off. Do you think travel to Munich comes cost-free? Mid-September is still Summer season for the main charter airlines; UK carriers did not have a suitable aircraft available for charter on the day. Accordingly, an aircraft has been chartered from overseas. I suspect that this will be the Enter Air (Poland) aircraft which is listed to fly Manchester to Munich tomorrow morning (apologies if I'm wrong about this). The airline's quote will have to factor in the cost of ferrying the aircraft to Manchester empty, then the return Manchester - Munich - Manchester sectors with passengers, followed by ferrying empty back to home base. The aircraft and its crew will be doing four sectors. And it is likely that due to duty flying hour restrictions two different crews will be rostered.

Aside from the flights, Spike will have to pay to hire coaches and pay his own staff. There may be incidental charges for security provision as well (I'm not sure on that one). He will also have fixed business costs (office admin, utilities, taxes etc.). And finally, he needs a profit margin WHICH HIS WORK FULLY MERITS. And that profit margin will be modest at GBP329 per head all-in … he won't be retiring to Monte Carlo on the proceeds of this trip. In return for this sum, Spike and his team must endure sorting out any potential hassle / disruption, rounding up some 'merry' and inexperienced travellers, and getting them all back home to Manchester safely. Sooner him than me!

So, Mr Grumbles, if you think you can do better why don't YOU arrange an aircraft charter in Summer season and see if you can get City fans safely from Manchester Airport to the Allianz Arena and back at half the price Spike has achieved? Good luck with that! There are many who cannot afford this trip (understandable), but that is because European travel is expensive in the real world. It is not because fans are being "ripped off".

By the way, those fares you see listed by independent travellers … only those hovering over their keyboards as the cup draw is made get really cheap fares. Air fares rise in response to demand. Lufthansa / EasyJet / Singapore Airlines scheduled flights will rise in price in response to a sudden flood of bookings. The alternative then is to seek out convoluted routings which are best suited to experienced travellers only. And don't forget to factor in the costs on the ground if you book Stansted to Hahn or the like. Rail fares, coach fares, car hire / petrol, meals, accommodation. How many will return to Manchester with significant change from GBP329?

You (mikep) owe Spike an apology. And for the sake of clarification, I don't know Spike personally and am not associated with his travel business.

Roberto Manciti said:
Spike is NOT ripping anybody off. Do you think travel to Munich comes cost-free? Mid-September is still Summer season for the main charter airlines; UK carriers did not have a suitable aircraft available for charter on the day. Accordingly, an aircraft has been chartered from overseas. I suspect that this will be the Enter Air (Poland) aircraft which is listed to fly Manchester to Munich tomorrow morning (apologies if I'm wrong about this). The airline's quote will have to factor in the cost of ferrying the aircraft to Manchester empty, then the return Manchester - Munich - Manchester sectors with passengers, followed by ferrying empty back to home base. The aircraft and its crew will be doing four sectors. And it is likely that due to duty flying hour restrictions two different crews will be rostered.

Aside from the flights, Spike will have to pay to hire coaches and pay his own staff. There may be incidental charges for security provision as well (I'm not sure on that one). He will also have fixed business costs (office admin, utilities, taxes etc.). And finally, he needs a profit margin WHICH HIS WORK FULLY MERITS. And that profit margin will be modest at GBP329 per head all-in … he won't be retiring to Monte Carlo on the proceeds of this trip. In return for this sum, Spike and his team must endure sorting out any potential hassle / disruption, rounding up some 'merry' and inexperienced travellers, and getting them all back home to Manchester safely. Sooner him than me!

So, Mr Grumbles, if you think you can do better why don't YOU arrange an aircraft charter in Summer season and see if you can get City fans safely from Manchester Airport to the Allianz Arena and back at half the price Spike has achieved? Good luck with that! There are many who cannot afford this trip (understandable), but that is because European travel is expensive in the real world. It is not because fans are being "ripped off".

By the way, those fares you see listed by independent travellers … only those hovering over their keyboards as the cup draw is made get really cheap fares. Air fares rise in response to demand. Lufthansa / EasyJet / Singapore Airlines scheduled flights will rise in price in response to a sudden flood of bookings. The alternative then is to seek out convoluted routings which are best suited to experienced travellers only. And don't forget to factor in the costs on the ground if you book Stansted to Hahn or the like. Rail fares, coach fares, car hire / petrol, meals, accommodation. How many will return to Manchester with significant change from GBP329?

You (mikep) owe Spike an apology. And for the sake of clarification, I don't know Spike personally and am not associated with his travel business.

Good post and totally agree. The flight is with Enter.

By way of context the same trip with Spike last year cost £245 but more expensive this time for the reasons given. His trip to Rome is £275.

I wish Spike operated from London too, would be signing up every time, hassle free travel is worth its weight in gold, I'm going from London and its costing me £310 with all the added extra travel costs you wont have going with Spike.
He's running a Business and judging by the feedback he gets, a very good one and one Blues appreciate. Going to football matches is expensive but we all have a choice.

Spike, get down here sharpish and I will use you for all the European away games..!

Blue Til Death said:
I wish Spike operated from London too, would be signing up every time, hassle free travel is worth its weight in gold, I'm going from London and its costing me £310 with all the added extra travel costs you wont have going with Spike.
He's running a Business and judging by the feedback he gets, a very good one and one Blues appreciate. Going to football matches is expensive but we all have a choice.

Spike, get down here sharpish and I will use you for all the European away games..!

From London you can usually get a train trip for around 100 GBP... (two ways) - have you tried something like this. The trip takes around 10 hours each direction.

mikep said:
spike144 said:
2014/15 Champions League Group Stage

Bayern Munich v Man City, Munich, Wednesday 17th September

THE NEW PLANE IS FILLING UP, WITH APPROX. 28 PLACES LEFT. .

Day Trip

Provisional Itinerary

Outbound - 08:00hrs - Direct to Munich - Arriving approx. 11:00hrs local time
On arrival in Munich reps will guide you to coach transfers which will take you to the city centre. Here you will be able to spend the afternoon at leisure. You will need to make your own way up to the stadium for the match.

Inbound - After the match our reps will be outside the AWAY end to guide you to the coaches, to take you back to the airport. Your return flight will land back into Manchester at approx. 01:50.

Please make a booking as soon as possible to secure your place.

Price: £329 per person

This includes; direct, return flights (taxes included) from Manchester Airport to Munich and all ground transfers in Munich.

Match tickets are not included but I understand that they are on open sale, tomorrow. .

Book online at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportoptions.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportoptions.com</a> or by calling 01925 755 222

Yesss the plane is filling up with £20 notes " Fucking crooks"
Spike is not a crook just a good buisness man he has been running these trips for many years &THE MAJORITY OF BUISNESS IS REPEAT ..Football trips in Europe are a luxury for a lot of people ,just because you cant aford to go you dont have to slag him of. i personly wouldnt pay that money for a football trip but good luck to the ones that are going have a great time

Pigeonho said:
mikep said:
I keep reading in amazement how wonderful spike is for putting on a plane & coach

Then I read about thomson & what crooks they are ( which I agree)

But bk to Spike he is charging £329 for a flight & a coach this is really over priced too considering you could have got a similar flight for £159

He ain't the saint he is being made out to be ripping off blues

This is why not many people will be going to Munich me included

It would cost £1444 for me to go to an over night footy match all be it with a coach laid on

ABSOLUTE F@@@@@@ JOKE
I might be missing something here, and seeing as I've never been on a Euro away trip, I probably am.
You say Spike is ripping Blues off as there are flights available for £159 compared to the £329 spike is charging. That's a difference of £170, but with transfers and piece of mind included in spikes package. Say a coach from the airport, or a taxi even, to your digs in Munich costs £20 each way, thats £40, leaving a difference of £130. I wouldn't say £130 is being ripped off if he is doing all the work and you you have to do is sit there and get pissed. Besides, there are no spikey guns being held to your head to take up his offer, it's merely an option. I'm skint as fuck so none of it applies to me, but if I had that 329 quid available, I would choose to pay that and enjoy what would be a once in a lifetime city euro away trip.

Onto the 1,444 you say it would cost you, and this is where I'm probably missing something, how the fuck would it cost that much, which is some £1,115 more than what Spike is charging?

You do realise we draw them every season? ;)

On topic, I've never used Spike's trips but have heard only good things about them. This one is understandably more expensive due to the lack of time and the fact its still only mid September.

I prefer to do stuff independently. The 'hassle' doesn't bother me in the slightest, be that an overnight train in Poland to get to Poznan, or flying to Ryanair's version of Dusseldorf, which is probably closer to Manchester than Dusseldorf, for Dortmund away. But I can see why people use Spike, it must be an attractive option if you just want to get there, enjoy the game and get home without breaking a sweat. Especially if you have time constraints. I'm sure the day will come where I need stuff organising for me, and I won't hesitate to use Sport Options.

cyberblue said:
mikep said:
spike144 said:
2014/15 Champions League Group Stage

Bayern Munich v Man City, Munich, Wednesday 17th September

THE NEW PLANE IS FILLING UP, WITH APPROX. 28 PLACES LEFT. .

Day Trip

Provisional Itinerary

Outbound - 08:00hrs - Direct to Munich - Arriving approx. 11:00hrs local time
On arrival in Munich reps will guide you to coach transfers which will take you to the city centre. Here you will be able to spend the afternoon at leisure. You will need to make your own way up to the stadium for the match.

Inbound - After the match our reps will be outside the AWAY end to guide you to the coaches, to take you back to the airport. Your return flight will land back into Manchester at approx. 01:50.

Please make a booking as soon as possible to secure your place.

Price: £329 per person

This includes; direct, return flights (taxes included) from Manchester Airport to Munich and all ground transfers in Munich.

Match tickets are not included but I understand that they are on open sale, tomorrow. .

Book online at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportoptions.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportoptions.com</a> or by calling 01925 755 222

Yesss the plane is filling up with £20 notes " Fucking crooks"
Spike is not a crook just a good buisness man he has been running these trips for many years &THE MAJORITY OF BUISNESS IS REPEAT ..Football trips in Europe are a luxury for a lot of people ,just because you cant aford to go you dont have to slag him of. i personly wouldnt pay that money for a football trip but good luck to the ones that are going have a great time

Do you think it is 'spike's' company?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.