Bayern Munich (H) - CL QF | Post Match Thread

The whole key is having full backs pep trusts to defend properly, they have dangerous wingers but akanji and ale offer pace power and positional sense,Ake has also been very good supporting the attack,he can't be far off player of the year.

I thought it was a lot closer than the scoreline would suggest.

We need to be at it next game
Yep, we have a hell of a cushion but they will defintely cause us problems out there, they did last night

The best all round team performance under Pep , we smashed Bayern Munich to pieces tonight , it should have been at least 6-0 , Bayern play in a farmer's league in comparison.
Bayern are a very, very good team.
I will say this.
Saying things like 'they are from a 'farmers league' and 'we should have had 6' detracts from the performance put in by City, even belittles it.
We humbled them.
We had them rattled.
City 3 Bayern 0.
Respect.

I thought it was a lot closer than the scoreline would suggest.

We need to be at it next game

It was a lot closer up to the 2nd goal. After that they were lucky to lose only 3:0.

Note however that our dominance in the last 30 minutes wasn't due only to Upamecano. It was similar vs Liverpool and Southampton: first halfs a lot closer than 2nd halfs. It's not a coincidence.

The opposition wastes a lot of energy to stop us in the 1st half, then they get tired and we get a full controll of the game. Has happened a lot this season: Newcastle away, Palace home, Spurs home. We were much better at United in the 2nd half untill the officials helped them with *that* goal.

Hate big-headed comments, but my feeling is we are going to win in Munich too. The scary thing is we can play better in attack than in the first 60-70 minutes last night.

Get in Blues, get in! I'm sat in work in a daze, not much sleep, still going over the match.

from the hour mark on, City were untouchable. Up until then, Bayern were very much in the tie. This is a very good side we've just dismantled, my tournament favs when City were laboring along pre World Cup.

City were amazing across the board, Ake was completely monstrous again, but shouts to all players, all subs.

Going forwards, I thought Bayern showed signs that against lesser opposition, or even City not on a 10/10 defending day, they would score at least a couple. Their passing can be extremely direct between the lines. I genuinely thought they were in on goal a number of times, only for Stones, Dias, Akanji, Ake, Rodri, et al., to make a excellent block or tackle. City defended so well, i honestly think Bayern would normally have had a hatful of very strong chances on another night. Sane was excellent. But ultimately their defence is not excellent, and we exploited that nicely.

This isnt "good City beat a shit Bayern", this is a stupendous City beat very strong opposition convincingly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.