Bayern Munich (H) - CL QF | Post Match Thread

crikey, i know you could make a mistakes compilation for every player but that is some collection, he had a stinker.
Yeah, but most other players’ compilation of mistakes would be over a season or two, not featuring only one half of one match in the case of Upamecan’to.

A brilliant performance. Every player played like their lives depended on it. Dias was an absolute monster, but Akanji, Ake and Stones were all great too. Ederson was class when called upon. Rodri's goal was stunning and then the terrier Bernardo was just on a different planet, teasing them and beating them over and over again. De Bruyne was bang on it and when he went off so was Alvarez. One spell of pressing saw him flatten two Bayern players in the space of a few seconds. Grealish great, Haaland scoring again and linking up well when on the ball. Gundo finding pockets everywhere and as usual playing inch perfect passes.

We were under pressure for lots of the game but we stuck in and got through it and gave them a thrashing. Wonderful stuff. Now to finish them off in Munich next week.

in the past we've battered teams but given soft goals away. Last night was one of our best defensive performances in Europe against quality opposition

Yeah, definitely. I think that's what sets it apart from some of our previous top performances in the Champions League. Pep has been saying for quite a while, that scoring goals hasn't been our problem, but silly defensive mistakes have cost us, so he must have been delighted with yesterday. Bayern had a lot of the ball, but the majority of their efforts at goal were from outside the box and we contained them brilliantly.

The second leg won't be an easy game, but if our defence can come close to replicating that performance, hopefully will give us that foundation to do the damage at the other end.

They showed last night that they're a dangerous team, and although their chances were from Sane's long shots from outside the box, Ederson was on good form and did the business when needed. Good to see that, as he gets quite a lot of criticism on here at times.

Great, great performances all round for us, which others have gone into. Bayern have felt our power and will be fearful of opening up next week, as they know what we can do to them.

2-0 would have been a decent cushion; 3-0 should be plenty at Bayern, and I can't see them being so open as to be able to score 3 without us getting at least 1 - and if we get that one goal first, we'll coast it.

Our fantastic season took another step forward to a most glorious finish last night, as we win every match to the season's end, to become the greatest team ever in the UK.

Not a fan of this corrupt competition run by a corrupt organisation but have to say that was probably the best City performance since my first game (Colin Bells home debut), we totally dominated a superb team, like the Kraut rags or not no one would have been surprised if they had won it this year. I trust Pep and the boys will get the job done next week.

read most of this thread but not all

no mentions of the strange one side first half performance of the man in the middle he gave us nothing and the linesman or is it person these days missed the ball going out of play on numerous occasions

overall it was fantastic game

Absolutely buzzing after that performance, kept Bayern down to very little re chances and punished them with great attacking play. Couldn't pick a motm, Grealish probably but notable mentions for Bernie, Akanji and Dias. Everyone was class really and we simply can't fuck this game up next week now, can we?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.