Bayern Munich (H) - Tues 11th April, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly off topic, but if we get through against Bayern is the 1st leg of our semi final away?

My Mrs is thinking of booking a few days away w/c 17/05 and I have a feeling the semi final second leg is that week and obviously I want to be able to go to the home leg if it is that week?

I just hope that Pep has learned from past seasons not to tinker and demand players to play in unfamiliar positions with unfamiliar tactics. Play our strongest team to tactics that work for us and let's them worry about us.
Spot on let Bayern worry about how we will line up,play are best 11 available and no tinkering with unusual formations..

And Walker being pressed into mistakes when builduing from the back would be a big weakness too. The defensive importance of not giving the ball away is not lesser than the importance of winning foot races. Stones's stats in possession are the best in the league. Two months ago, I'd have Walker at RB any day of the week. Now I trust Pep. Stones has been better in this new role than I expected.

I agree mate, Stones has been absolutely excellent in this system.
But if Pep chooses to set up differently against Bayern (to nullify a Bayern strength or exploit a perceived Bayern weakness) then Walker could well be the man for the job.
Pep said, in a recent presser, that the reason Walker hasn’t had so many games recently was because of the tactics being used. He emphasised that he had no problem with Walker, that he was training well etc. and that where tactics required it Walker would play.

I’d leave things as they are (if it ain’t broke and all that) but I think that Pep might be tempted to tinker with the line-up.
My thought is that he knows that we need to win every league game and that our current system of play is the way to do that.
If he say rests Stones and brings Walker in then he needs to set us up differently as they bring differing skills. Stones and a few others will need a rest so that they don’t burn out in the run-in.
IMO if he makes any change of system this season then it will be in the Champions League where games are played out differently or in the FAC, which itself, being knock out, has a different feel to league footie.
The temptation will be that a change of system brings a change of players and so allows him to rest a few players that he needs to win the PL.
My best guess is that it’s Walker in for one or both of the Bayern games and the FAC semi, Stones to play in every league game and maybe one of the Bayern games.

Last edited:
It’s all on Haaland for me. He needs to be scoring 2 goals in each fixture to give us a chance. Hopefully we give him the opportunity.

We don’t have to play well but effective. I have seen us batter teams and fail so play smart and give him the chances he needs.

Slightly off topic, but if we get through against Bayern is the 1st leg of our semi final away?

My Mrs is thinking of booking a few days away w/c 17/05 and I have a feeling the semi final second leg is that week and obviously I want to be able to go to the home leg if it is that week?
I believe it would be away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.