Bayern Munich (H) - Tues 11th April, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had the feeling since the draw was made that we could wrap it all up at the Etihad and win by a few.

Would certainly not surprise me. Away goals have killed us in this competition down the years but now we don't have to worry about it, which may also have a positive mindset on Pep.

Go for it, we can win it all.
Also felt the same tolmie we could absolutely blow these away I the first 45 mins. But I now expect tuchel to come and be very negative it's whether his attacking players can buy into that in a very short space of time.

I'd be very surprised if Gundogan didn't start on Tuesday.
Same. He's pretty vital to progressing the ball with the way we set up these days, there's a reason he's constantly picked ahead of Bernardo.

Whoever comes through this tie will win the whole comp imo
I agree.
This game is a must win.

Ederson

Walker
Stones
Dias
Ake

KDB
Rodri
Gundogan

Mahrez
Haaland
Grealish

3-1 to us.

COME ON CITY!!!

I’m a bit more cautious over this game/tie I actually wouldn’t be surprised if Bayern took a positive result back over to Germany be it a draw or a close win but I get the feeling if we need a result in Germany we will get it and progress through to the semi finals..

The only questions for the XI for me are if Walker starts and if Pep goes Bernie or Gundo.

The odds for us to qualify have moved hugely in our favor over the last two days for whatever reason. I'm aware this means nothing more or less.

I agree.
This game is a must win.

Ederson

Walker
Stones
Dias
Ake

KDB
Rodri
Gundogan

Mahrez
Haaland
Grealish

3-1 to us.

COME ON CITY!!!

Walker won't play. Pep basically said as much, with the new shape we've played since around February where Stones essentially moves from RB to CDM when we have the ball, and then Rodri pulls back while Akanji moves right to plug into that space. This doesn't play to Walker's strengths he's outstanding as a flying wing-back giving us width

Cancelo and Zinchenko both did this wing-back/CDM role in the last two years, except from the left-hand side. Now Ake is essentially our only left-back, we use Stones in that role but from the right. This doesn't play to Walker's strengths...he's outstanding as a flying wing-back giving us width, but positionally, tactically etc he's not quite right as a holding midfielder and so he's been the casualty of this system change

Ake-Dias-Akanji-Stones is almost nailed on as our defensive four (five if you count Rodri)

But I'd expect the rest of the lineup to pick itself, unless Pep does another tactical surprise he pulls out in the champions league (usually not for the best).

As good as Grealish and Gundogan have been, I miss Bernardo and Foden and hope we see them back at their best in the final few games

In terms of a result, hoping for a win with a two-goal cushion. It's harder playing the second leg away and we need to put some distance between us and not create too much pressure like last year against Real

Last edited:
I agree.
This game is a must win.

Ederson

Walker
Stones
Dias
Ake

KDB
Rodri
Gundogan

Mahrez
Haaland
Grealish

3-1 to us.

COME ON CITY!!!
Not bad, but I think we need more energy so would start Bernardo or Alvarez over Mahrez. Or Foden if he was fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.