Bayern Munich (H) - Tues 11th April, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bayern's left side is incredibly quick, the temptation to play Walker is quite high, but i think sticking with inverted Stones is the brave way to go.

This is a really tough game.
if their as fast as you say down the left it has to be walker, this is not about being brave its about countering their strength and not taking chances, this is a big step up from some of the teams wev'e played lately

I'd go
...............Ederson..............
Walker .Stones .Dias .Ake
.... KDB Rodri Gundogan ...
Alvarez Haaland Greealish

Bring on Bernardo and Mahrez at some stage.

I think Alvarez would be a handful when they are trying to marshall Haaland. Plus he can help out in midfield. But I know noting.

The problem with playing Walker is that we lose a body in midfield and it's been that extra body which has freed up KDB to start running the show. It's a tough call. I'm not sure he'll do it.
The criticism levelled at Pep for previous CL failures is his supposed overthinking and caring too much about what the opposition does. For that reason, he should go with Stones as the inverted full-back. We blew Liverpool away by overloading the midfield and passing through them. The abolition of the away goals rule allows for us to be less cautious in the home leg. I therefore would like to see Saturday's team but with Bernardo for Mahrez (ie, the team that stuffed Leipzig 7-0).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.