Bayern Munich (H) - Tues 11th April, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had the feeling since the draw was made that we could wrap it all up at the Etihad and win by a few.

Would certainly not surprise me. Away goals have killed us in this competition down the years but now we don't have to worry about it, which may also have a positive mindset on Pep.

Go for it, we can win it all.
I wish I had your optimism Tolmie, I reckon this one goes to the death and I'd be a lot happier if the second leg was at home.

I reckon the players will be up for this....at times in the CL in important games we have seemed hesitant. .....With Haaland up front and KDB in the form he is in I just dont see that happening this time....

Bayern are a very dangerous team...lots of pace on the break and they are lethal upfront - but now so are we

We need to win obviously but again with how we are playing I would be confident going to there place either...

The only questions for me is does Mahrez and Akanji and Stones (where he starts) start?

Mahrez was great against the scousers.....and then poor yesterday - He has a history of turning up in CL games but we cant afford for him not to turn up.....History tells me he will turn up for this one.

Akanji for me has been a great buy - really like him despite others criticism of him and i think he is a great one on one defender.....however we know that he has lapses in concentration very occasionally.....but do we risk changing a steady back four to bring in laporte....

I think Walker may start with the pace of Bayern which means we could see Dias and Stones as the two centre backs.....Would pep try and play Stones in his hybrid fullback role for this game?....possibly....it gives us so much control but Bayern may target him and we say yesterday against Southampton that they tried to do this as well and Stones didnt have as much joy (didnt play bad) as he did against the Scousers...

Shoe ins to start are Ederson, Dias, Ake, KDB, Gundo Grealish Haaland and Rodri

I reckon the players will be up for this....at times in the CL in important games we have seemed hesitant. .....With Haaland up front and KDB in the form he is in I just dont see that happening this time....

Bayern are a very dangerous team...lots of pace on the break and they are lethal upfront - but now so are we

We need to win obviously but again with how we are playing I would be confident going to there place either...

The only questions for me is does Mahrez and Akanji and Stones (where he starts) start?

Mahrez was great against the scousers.....and then poor yesterday - He has a history of turning up in CL games but we cant afford for him not to turn up.....History tells me he will turn up for this one.

Akanji for me has been a great buy - really like him despite others criticism of him and i think he is a great one on one defender.....however we know that he has lapses in concentration very occasionally.....but do we risk changing a steady back four to bring in laporte....

I think Walker may start with the pace of Bayern which means we could see Dias and Stones as the two centre backs.....Would pep try and play Stones in his hybrid fullback role for this game?....possibly....it gives us so much control but Bayern may target him and we say yesterday against Southampton that they tried to do this as well and Stones didnt have as much joy (didnt play bad) as he did against the Scousers...

Shoe ins to start are Ederson, Dias, Ake, KDB, Gundo Grealish Haaland and Rodri
Gundo isn't a shoe in with the 90mins he played on Saturday

I'm going for a 4-0 demolition at the Etihad, Haaland x2, KDB and Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.