Bayern Munich @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ban-jani said:
MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
If we ever got to the final, the club should only sell tickets to those who made an effort in the competition, regardless of how many points you have. Manchester City vs FC Bayern Munich, could you of imagined that 10 years ago? Spoilt, ungreatfull slapped arses the lot of you.

BTW, if you generally can't afford it or you work shit hours then that wasn't aimed at you!

Bollocks. What about those who can literally only afford season tickets but have had one for decades? Do they not deserve a ticket?

That's not me by the way, I attend a couple CL games a year.
I agree. Overall loyalty should be rewarded, and not just what have you done for me lately. Loyalty points is a decent system for that, although you get as many points nowadays for joining cup schemes as you used to for half a season of aways so it won't take long for old timers that don't/can't go to every cup game to be overtaken on points.

I don't think there should be any form of offer. One of the best sides in the world coming to our ground, when there is still a realistic chance of qualification if we significantly improve on recent performances, the stadium should naturally be full with a great atmosphere. If not, there is something very wrong with our so-called 'loyal' supporters!!!

City 'til I die said:
I don't think there should be any form of offer. One of the best sides in the world coming to our ground, when there is still a realistic chance of qualification if we significantly improve on recent performances, the stadium should naturally be full with a great atmosphere. If not, there is something very wrong with our so-called 'loyal' supporters!!!

I got my ticket when it first came out, but I totally understand why people might want to spend their money on something else e.g. Christmas when we've played Bayern in the group stage for the third fucking time in a fucking row.

EDIT: Correction required.

dobobobo said:
City 'til I die said:

I got my ticket when it first came out, but I totally understand why people might want to spend their money on something else e.g. Christmas when we've played Bayern in the group stage for the third fucking time in a fucking row.

I doubt someone who would miss this game is a hard-core City fan

I don't buy into fans not bothered about the competition and thinks it's shit malarkey, the truth of the matter is some aren't bothered because we haven't done well in it.

It was the same when we were the yo-yo club and fans used to say they preferred it in the old Div 1 because it was better grounds and days out.....blah..blah...blah, the truth was we were shit in the top league so it was easy to say the lower leagues were preferred.

If we were doing well in the comp the place would be rammed, like it was against Barca last season and against Hamburg in the Europa.

I'm convinced as we get better in this competition so will our crowds, it's just human nature and the thinking of a football fan

cleavers said:
Scaring Europe to Death said:
Fair enough. It was only a sweeping generalization based on anecdotal evidence, although I do think it has some mileage.

I work in Market Research and we’ve worked on a few projects for a number of Premier League teams. Make no mistake, when you receive those survey online, City prefer the value of new supporters, rather than the traditional fanbase.
Nothing wrong with that, but there’s a distinction between a fan and a supporter. Most of the people on her are fans, but we will be outnumbered sooner than you think..
Oh I think most of us are more than aware of all that. I wasn't having a go at you by the way, we all have our own feelings, I realised it was meant as a "sweeping statement".

We shouldn't be hurting the club for something that is largely beyond their control (UEFA), the only people "not going" hurts is MCFC, even if its not very much in the grand scheme of things.

not going isn't an option for me. staying away is playing right in to platini's hands. you can bet your life should you stay away you'll watch it on the telly, thats what uefa want, tv revenue. the match going fan spends nothing to boost uefa's coffers. we are nothing to them. if anyone is in any doubt just re visit the Moscow debacle. they ban 35 thousand people prer game from attending, bums on their own settees assured.

corrupt as fuck.

City 'til I die said:
dobobobo said:
City 'til I die said:

I have no interest in hard-core fans. Had UEFA not been corrupt as FIFA we wouldn't be playing Bayern Munic for the third time in the group stages.

After the Bayern match, i'm out.

Fuck UEFA and Fuck FIFA.

dobobobo said:
City 'til I die said:
dobobobo said:

I have no interest in hard-core fans. Had UEFA not been corrupt as FIFA we wouldn't be playing Bayern Munic for the third time in the group stages.

Fuck UEFA and Fuck FIFA.

You're out of what exactly?

City 'til I die said:
dobobobo said:
City 'til I die said:

Fuck UEFA and Fuck FIFA.

Of watching any more matches at home in Champions League no matter what. From now on I'll choose what I want to go and see. It's back to league and FA Cup no matter what for me. If I can't get tickets because I don't have enough points, so be it. I'm happy to stream.

dobobobo said:
City 'til I die said:
dobobobo said:

Fuck UEFA and Fuck FIFA.

Of watching any more matches at home in Champions League no matter what. From now on I'll choose what I want to go and see. It's back to league and FA Cup no matter what for me. If I can't get tickets because I don't have enough points, so be it. I'm happy to stream.

Would your stance still apply if we make it to the last 16?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.