Bayern Munich @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
City 'til I die said:
dobobobo said:
City 'til I die said:
Sorry who would I be singing 'where were you, when you were shit' to. You're hard-core answers are too hard-core for me

Oh sorry, you sounded a lot like the general set of away fans who turns up and sing shite just because have a rich owner.

You're so hardcore going to all the home matches I thought you'd get my joke.

Not once have I said I go to all home matches. People these days, always presuming! Yeah it's true, I'm not a city fan. I just write posts on this forum because of the thrill of trying to deceive everyone! Looks like 'dobobobo your boat' the detective has found me out!!!!

Either way, you're fucking stupid.

Danamy said:
I don't buy into fans not bothered about the competition and thinks it's shit malarkey, the truth of the matter is some aren't bothered because we haven't done well in it.

It was the same when we were the yo-yo club and fans used to say they preferred it in the old Div 1 because it was better grounds and days out.....blah..blah...blah, the truth was we were shit in the top league so it was easy to say the lower leagues were preferred.

If we were doing well in the comp the place would be rammed, like it was against Barca last season and against Hamburg in the Europa.

I'm convinced as we get better in this competition so will our crowds, it's just human nature and the thinking of a football fan

Yes you are correct, once we do well in the comp the crowds will flock in, people won't want to miss quarter finals and semi finals .

Danamy said:
I don't buy into fans not bothered about the competition and thinks it's shit malarkey, the truth of the matter is some aren't bothered because we haven't done well in it.

It was the same when we were the yo-yo club and fans used to say they preferred it in the old Div 1 because it was better grounds and days out.....blah..blah...blah, the truth was we were shit in the top league so it was easy to say the lower leagues were preferred.

If we were doing well in the comp the place would be rammed, like it was against Barca last season and against Hamburg in the Europa.

I'm convinced as we get better in this competition so will our crowds, it's just human nature and the thinking of a football fan

For me its not that I'm not bothered, its how I feel about the way its played. Make no bones about it that isn't football they are playing, football has a set of rules that are adhered to, not a set of guidelines that are then enabled at will by a referee. I'm not saying or getting into a 'corrupt' debate, the difference is plain to see between an League game and CL.

I don't like how the CL games are referee'd, I don't like how pathetically namby pamby everything is to 'protect' these multi million pound investments, I don't like the smug fucking arrogance of an organisation that says yes to racism. I don't like the fact that our adapting, learning or whatever other word you want to use to explain becoming competitive in the CL basically relies on us learning to fall over at the slightest touch. Yes it already happens now and again but the whole competition is based on it and the ones who mix diving ability and footballing ability usually win. Its the perfect example of the grass isn't always greener.

That said it feels wrong not going when I can, its something I'm not used to. I walked away from the CSKA game moaning about how I was sick of it and dropping the CL cup scheme next year. Within a couple of days I'd calmed down and probably will now but that doesn't change how I feel about it, the competition is a fucking joke where victory is at the mercy of a ref's whimsy as much as determination and effort of a team more than I've ever seen in football.

I am bothered, an awful lot about it. Its supposed to be the biggest and best club cup competition in the world and now we are here and in it, it feels like a sham. A bullshit excuse made up to earn fucktons of money and go out on the piss for the UEFA family on someone elses tab, and for that they cant even enforce the rulebook.

"well you get decisions like that given in the champions league" a statement heard how many times a match? Its bullshit, complete fucking bullshit. Its not "the champions league" its fucking football and the rules are the same from Burnage to the Bernabeu. I'll be there against Bayern but I can fully understand people who are sick to the back teeth of this competition and if they choose to avoid it I aint gonna slag em off for that.

PS Sorry Danamy, the rants not at you! just got on one the more I typed

BlueBeenie said:
Danamy said:

For me its not that I'm not bothered, its how I feel about the way its played. Make no bones about it that isn't football they are playing, football has a set of rules that are adhered to, not a set of guidelines that are then enabled at will by a referee. I'm not saying or getting into a 'corrupt' debate, the difference is plain to see between an League game and CL.

I don't like how the CL games are referee'd, I don't like how pathetically namby pamby everything is to 'protect' these multi million pound investments, I don't like the smug fucking arrogance of an organisation that says yes to racism. I don't like the fact that our adapting, learning or whatever other word you want to use to explain becoming competitive in the CL basically relies on us learning to fall over at the slightest touch. Yes it already happens now and again but the whole competition is based on it and the ones who mix diving ability and footballing ability usually win. Its the perfect example of the grass isn't always greener.

That said it feels wrong not going when I can, its something I'm not used to. I walked away from the CSKA game moaning about how I was sick of it and dropping the CL cup scheme next year. Within a couple of days I'd calmed down and probably will now but that doesn't change how I feel about it, the competition is a fucking joke where victory is at the mercy of a ref's whimsy as much as determination and effort of a team more than I've ever seen in football.

I am bothered, an awful lot about it. Its supposed to be the biggest and best club cup competition in the world and now we are here and in it, it feels like a sham. A bullshit excuse made up to earn fucktons of money and go out on the piss for the UEFA family on someone elses tab, and for that they cant even enforce the rulebook.

"well you get decisions like that given in the champions league" a statement heard how many times a match? Its bullshit, complete fucking bullshit. Its not "the champions league" its fucking football and the rules are the same from Burnage to the Bernabeu. I'll be there against Bayern but I can fully understand people who are sick to the back teeth of this competition and if they choose to avoid it I aint gonna slag em off for that.

Spot on.

BlueBeenie said:
Danamy said:

You are correct but only upto to point, referees are shit in the premier league too, we should have had 3 pens against united,and they could have equalized at the end and cahill blatantly hand balled it against Liverpool , many others too that are on match of the day on a weekly basis.

I can understand your frustration at the Cska home game, I was frustrated too but I thought with the exception of kun the whole team played shit.

deafmanstevo said:
BlueBeenie said:
Danamy said:

You are correct but only upto to point, referees are shit in the premier league too, we should have had 3 pens against united,and they could have equalized at the end and cahill blatantly hand balled it against Liverpool , many others too that are on match of the day on a weekly basis.

I can understand your frustration at the Cska home game, I was frustrated too but I thought with the exception of kun the whole team played shit.

And you are correct up to a point. A lot of people have seasons tickets.

BlueBeenie said:
Danamy said:

I agree with most of this, except I do think there are off the pitch, political, influences that impact on how the ref interprets the guidelines in relation to different teams. I notice that Pellegrini has been ultra careful not to criticise referring decisions that have been blatantly wrong and have effectively determined the result of matches. I believe that is part of City learning to play by the unwritten rules of the competition.

I'm on the cup scheme, but I won't be going to this game.

mammutly said:
BlueBeenie said:
Danamy said:

I agree with most of this, except I do think there are off the pitch, political, influences that impact on how the ref interprets the guidelines in relation to different teams. I notice that Pellegrini has been ultra careful not to criticise referring decisions that have been blatantly wrong and have effectively determined the result of matches. I believe that is part of City learning to play by the unwritten rules of the competition.

I'm on the cup scheme, but I won't be going to this game.

What are you doing with your ticket, I'm not on the cup scheme so bought my ticket, but annoying cos a mate who was on the cup scheme and not going was going to give me his ticket, he has given it away to someone else now.

A lot of excuses to justify failure

You can be fed up with City's performance in Europe, but it is Europe's premier footballing competition. You might not like the politics off it, but the football is the best, and City have to step up to the mark. We'll never be taken seriously until we make our mark in the Champions League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.