Bayern Munich - pre match discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quagmire blue said:
FogBlueInSanFran said:
Sorry if I missed this, but why is Kolarov not at least on the bench?
Probably because we already have Zaba and Lescott on the bench, I imagine Zabaleta will play left back if needed.

With both Richards and Clichy not too far removed from injury, it surprises me we only have one true outside back on the bench. Perhaps that speaks well of Micah and Gael's fitness, however.

BlueMoonoverUS said:
@StuBrennanMEN: Uefa team sheet has Bayern lined up 4-1-4-1, with Muller as the lone striker

Interesting...

How come. Bayern always play with just one striker.

Mandzukic/Muller/Gotze - the only question is which one

FogBlueInSanFran said:
Quagmire blue said:
FogBlueInSanFran said:
Sorry if I missed this, but why is Kolarov not at least on the bench?
Probably because we already have Zaba and Lescott on the bench, I imagine Zabaleta will play left back if needed.

With both Richards and Clichy not too far removed from injury, it surprises me we only have one true outside back on the bench. Perhaps that speaks well of Micah and Gael's fitness, however.

Eh ?

Davs 19 said:
Blueband Brother said:
bayern blade said:
Of course we have respect, but don't mistake respect for fear.

I did not mention fear. The bayern team is full of experience and have seen a lot of this types of games but they fully acknowledge that this is not going to be easy.

And with Boateng in their back 4, we know we have a weak link to exploit.....

If there is a weak link, then it's rather Rafinha. Boateng was very good the past 12 months. For sure Germany's best defender these days.

Davs 19 said:
Blueband Brother said:
bayern blade said:
Of course we have respect, but don't mistake respect for fear.

I did not mention fear. The bayern team is full of experience and have seen a lot of this types of games but they fully acknowledge that this is not going to be easy.

And with Boateng in their back 4, we know we have a weak link to exploit.....

I agree. We have to rough them up a wee bit and apply pressure on their back line with the stout strength and energy of Aguero and the beast mode of Negredo. Co- ordination and movement of our attacking players will do them.

BayernMan said:
Muller is definitely more clinical of a striker than Mandzukic lets see if he can possibly win back his starting place...

Normally not - only in away matches and in the CL league... ;)

Davs 19 said:
FogBlueInSanFran said:
Quagmire blue said:

Eh ?

Fullback. Left back, right back, as opposed to center back.

Davs 19 said:
FogBlueInSanFran said:
Quagmire blue said:

Eh ?

glad it wasn't just me bothered by that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.