Bayern post match thread

jimmygrimblesboots said:
bayern had 5 or 6 players out , they have a 24 man squad for the champs league , they brought in rafina,benatia ,bernat , alonso , alaba ,and lewandowski , all internationals , they cost bayern well over £50m plus lewandowski on a "free" with an alleged £10m signing on fee , not bad for a "weakened" team. Perhaps some posters should give their head a wobble , and stop spouting shite about bayerns missing players , and look at the positives , we didnt play well , we are one month into the season , and not at full pace yet , and yet we were 4 minutes from getting a point at the home of a very strong team of german champions and world cup winners , these are the facts , not emotive , kneejerk factually incorrect observations .

Agreed.

agyeiboateng said:
nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
This team is crying out for a player like Reus and we need to keep Jimmy in the middle. Toure and Nasri don't fit into the away type game where we need to play neat and fast football on the break.
Di Maria was our man

I think if it wasn't for the FFP we would have gotten him

No way he would turn down CL football, chance to play with Aguero and Zabaleta for them. No way. Di Maria would have taken us to that next elite Bayern/Barca/Madrid level.

Bar Silva we don't really have a mid that can make something happen

1000% Agree. He was the one!

Shaelumstash said:
What a great post.

I agree that if we are going to play on the counter attack, Nasri is not really suited to it. While Milner is clearly an inferior player technically to Nasri, he's far more suited to playing on the break. Better defensively, and more pacy and direct when we have the ball.

Before the game I predicted we'd bring Milner on as a D Mid, move Yaya to number 10 and bring Aguero on at about 70 minutes. We did both of those things, and I think they were the right call as we were likely to be able to catch Bayern on the break as the game became stretch towards the end. We'd kept it pretty tight up until that point, so it seemed the game plan was working out perfectly.

However, after 75 - 80 minutes it became clear that Yaya was absolutely out on his feet. Whether that was a lack of fitness or lack of motivation, or both, I am not sure. When it became clear that Yaya was strolling, I thought the obvious choice was to bring him off for Kolarov and put Silva back in the middle. When he brought Navas off, I was screaming at the TV, I couldn't believe it. Navas looked far more fresh, was defending well, and his pace gave us a real threat on the break, while Yaya was a passenger.

After Kolarov came on we had dropped so deep that we just invited all of the pressure on us. We didn't have Navas' or Yaya's threat on the break, so Bayern just ploughed forward knowing they could risk throwing everything at us, and that they would not be vulnerable to the counter.

The goal came because no one was picking up Boateng, in an area that Navas would have been defending. It is anyone's guess who was supposed to be occupying that man / space, but Silva was picking up someone else, Kolarov and Yaya were nowhere to be seen. As it was on our right hand side, I'm not sure Kolarov should have been in that area, so it may well have been Yaya's job.

Whoever's job it was, someone fucked up because he was in 5 yards of space from when the corner was taken. Personally I think that final substitution cost us the game. I think all of the substitutions were pretty much pre-determined before the game. I predicted two of them to my pals before the game, and the third one seemed to make no sense whatsoever in the context of how the game was going, how fresh Navas looked, and how tired Yaya looked.

Perhaps Cousillas bottled bringing Yaya off, perhaps the substitutions were pre determined before the game. Whatever the truth I am certain that bringing Navas off and leaving Yaya on was the wrong call.

Good analysis.....Complete fuck up taking Navas off and it cost us...

Sky Blue said:
Shaelumstash said:
What a great post.

I agree that if we are going to play on the counter attack, Nasri is not really suited to it. While Milner is clearly an inferior player technically to Nasri, he's far more suited to playing on the break. Better defensively, and more pacy and direct when we have the ball.

Before the game I predicted we'd bring Milner on as a D Mid, move Yaya to number 10 and bring Aguero on at about 70 minutes. We did both of those things, and I think they were the right call as we were likely to be able to catch Bayern on the break as the game became stretch towards the end. We'd kept it pretty tight up until that point, so it seemed the game plan was working out perfectly.

However, after 75 - 80 minutes it became clear that Yaya was absolutely out on his feet. Whether that was a lack of fitness or lack of motivation, or both, I am not sure. When it became clear that Yaya was strolling, I thought the obvious choice was to bring him off for Kolarov and put Silva back in the middle. When he brought Navas off, I was screaming at the TV, I couldn't believe it. Navas looked far more fresh, was defending well, and his pace gave us a real threat on the break, while Yaya was a passenger.

After Kolarov came on we had dropped so deep that we just invited all of the pressure on us. We didn't have Navas' or Yaya's threat on the break, so Bayern just ploughed forward knowing they could risk throwing everything at us, and that they would not be vulnerable to the counter.

The goal came because no one was picking up Boateng, in an area that Navas would have been defending. It is anyone's guess who was supposed to be occupying that man / space, but Silva was picking up someone else, Kolarov and Yaya were nowhere to be seen. As it was on our right hand side, I'm not sure Kolarov should have been in that area, so it may well have been Yaya's job.

Whoever's job it was, someone fucked up because he was in 5 yards of space from when the corner was taken. Personally I think that final substitution cost us the game. I think all of the substitutions were pretty much pre-determined before the game. I predicted two of them to my pals before the game, and the third one seemed to make no sense whatsoever in the context of how the game was going, how fresh Navas looked, and how tired Yaya looked.

Perhaps Cousillas bottled bringing Yaya off, perhaps the substitutions were pre determined before the game. Whatever the truth I am certain that bringing Navas off and leaving Yaya on was the wrong call.

Good analysis.....Complete fuck up taking Navas off and it cost us...

agree toure shouldn't of been on the pitch by the hour mark,navas played well defensively ,however i would of been happier if he was totally fucked as it would of meant him running past his full back ,like he is supposed to now and again ,especially when we had a two on two.As much as i hate the diving little prick robben ,the difference in a world class wide man and and honest pro like navas is huge.fernandinho looked close to his best for me ,sagna played a lot better and if luiz is worth 50 mill ,kompany is worth 150

Yaya was absolutely bobbins against the Germans,its upsetting cos when he is in full flow he is a monster, unstoppable.
Personally I would drop him,stop his wages, let him get over the world cup,tired bullshit,either start playing or fuck off.

Sagna was awful,one moment I saw he just could not turn and use his right foot,schoolboy stuff,he is no stand in for Zabba.
Nasri seems to have Yaya disease,cant be arsed most of the time,If we are seriously going to move forward in this comp you cant play footsi one twos with team mates .
,This Charming man needs to drop shit playing players period,Ireally think they need to know they are expendable.once a player thinks he is invaluable,the team is fucked. I think we played better v Arsenal without yaya.

The best way of evaluating this match is to compare it with the same fixture last season when a City side weaker on paper than now (Yaya suspended, Nasri unavailable, Kompany rested) beat a Bayern team who could still callon Ribery and kroos.
within 15 minutes,City were two nil down, Richards and Lescott were all at sea and Rummenigge was laughing his head off.Then Zaba came on,acting like a skipper, and the tide began to turn.Kolarov captained the side, played his partand notched a penalty.In midfield, Ferna gave everything same as he did this time, Garcia did what Pelle asked of him and pulled his full weight. The Silva/Milner axis worked a treat and both scored. Acclaimed for skill,Silva showed again what a fighter he is. Acclaimed for work rate, Milner showed again how intelligent he is.
That brings us to the heart of the matter.Zaba has said "football is 70% mentality" and his absence this time was a massive loss.When, Milner came on for Nasri on the hour, things looked far more solid and, regardless of the inquest on who should have been marking Boateng, it took a fluke deflection to rob us of a point.
As regards Yaya, I don't believe his fade-out after half an hour was because " he's knackered"-as neville claimed on Sky. he continued trotting the turf for the rest of the game. I doubt if it was because"he can't be arsed", as many fans reckon( but it's no wonder they do in view of Cakegate and his song and dance antics with Guardiola). still, he becomes disheatened when things don't go his way so the effect's the same.
We mustn't write off our champs league chances. joe Hart's a far more mature keeper than he was last year and Fernando should soon be back.Pelle's previous career shows he will be ruthless with uninterested players, notably how he was with Riquelme. But I would like him to realise that Jimmy Milner is more than just " a player of great character". with him, Ferna and Fernando driving on, and world class players like Vinny, Merlin and Kun, we 're very much still in contention in the CL.

@grahamgor

And you do still bring that match in here that exactly showed that - as long as Bayern takes you serious you looked like Wednesday.

When Bayern was 2:0 up - leading the tie with 5:1 - they went down a gear. That was not a question of formation or tactics but simply how that match played. And then you for sure have individuals - no matter if it is of your first or second formation because your first formation has enough players who can do the same - who can turn the match.

I thought your best match against us was the match in the Audi Cup in which you parked the bus and we luckily at the end won when we already substituted Robben out and you played more open again. It was still in preparation - but at that match you caused Bayern the biggest problems... In every other match we had the midfield and - had enough chances and gave your defense a lot to think about.

The match Wednesday - without Sagna's toe - would have been 1:0 after a minute.

We do not need to talk about special events in each match - talk about penalty for scene x or y etc. in whatever match - because that does not really tell the story. That you can boss a match and at the end can loose - or vice versa - and that luck is a big element of the game even if you can force luck, we already know.

I think now that some people have calmed down I will give my opinion of the match.

First of all I don't think the referee was biased in anyway. It's true that Silva had a stone wall penalty denied, which should have been given, but I personally feel the Muller one was a penalty. He was clearly tripped on his way into the box and it is the reason he did not score. I agree with Poyet about the decision Connor Wickham got being one of the best decisions I have ever seen. If Muller had gone down he would have probably got the pen, but he should not be penalised for staying on his feet. As for Bayern's other pen shouts I don't think any of them were strong enough to be given, though certain refs would give them. As for the Dzeko challenge that was a mistake from the ref, which happens. He thought Dzeko got the man and if that was the case then he should have been booked, but he obviously got the ball. As for Alonso he should definitely have been booked. As with the Bayern penalty shouts a different ref may have even given Alonso a straight red for that.

As for the match I feel that City once again missed an opportunity. On paper going to Munich and losing in the last minute is a great result, but this Bayern was not the Bayern of a couple of years ago. A few of their key players were not on top form and they were missing 5 first team players: Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, Javi Martinez, Robben and Ribery. I said it in the prematch thread that City should have gone for this match, but they showed too much respect to Bayern's reputation.

Fernandinho and Hart were the stand out players for City. It has been covered, but Yaya had a poor game and despite the distance he covered did not work hard enough defensively. Nasri was pretty much anonymous as well. Dzeko too did very well. On the Bayern front I thought Alonso was brilliant, but City let him get away with playing his game. They never put enough pressure on him or exposed his lack of pace. Boateng was fantastic as he has been for some time; another very underrated player.

In the end Bayern were fortunate to get the win, but I thought they edged the game, had the better chances and dominated possession. Still as Ballack noted no surprise that the goal came when Lahm went back to right back and Robben was on the right. I am not a fan of Guardiola's 'brilliant' tactical changes, which just weaken the team. I would also have given Rhode the start in midfield and played Lahm at right back.

grahamgor said:
The best way of evaluating this match is to compare it with the same fixture last season when a City side weaker on paper than now (Yaya suspended, Nasri unavailable, Kompany rested) beat a Bayern team who could still callon Ribery and kroos.
within 15 minutes,City were two nil down, Richards and Lescott were all at sea and Rummenigge was laughing his head off.Then Zaba came on,acting like a skipper, and the tide began to turn.Kolarov captained the side, played his partand notched a penalty.In midfield, Ferna gave everything same as he did this time, Garcia did what Pelle asked of him and pulled his full weight. The Silva/Milner axis worked a treat and both scored. Acclaimed for skill,Silva showed again what a fighter he is. Acclaimed for work rate, Milner showed again how intelligent he is.
That brings us to the heart of the matter.Zaba has said "football is 70% mentality" and his absence this time was a massive loss.When, Milner came on for Nasri on the hour, things looked far more solid and, regardless of the inquest on who should have been marking Boateng, it took a fluke deflection to rob us of a point.
As regards Yaya, I don't believe his fade-out after half an hour was because " he's knackered"-as neville claimed on Sky. he continued trotting the turf for the rest of the game. I doubt if it was because"he can't be arsed", as many fans reckon( but it's no wonder they do in view of Cakegate and his song and dance antics with Guardiola). still, he becomes disheatened when things don't go his way so the effect's the same.
We mustn't write off our champs league chances. joe Hart's a far more mature keeper than he was last year and Fernando should soon be back.Pelle's previous career shows he will be ruthless with uninterested players, notably how he was with Riquelme. But I would like him to realise that Jimmy Milner is more than just " a player of great character". with him, Ferna and Fernando driving on, and world class players like Vinny, Merlin and Kun, we 're very much still in contention in the CL.

excellent post and spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.