Bayern v City post match thread

Bodicoteblue said:
I have spent all day listening to " experts " , rags , and plastics of all sorts telling me that it was a meaningless game as both teams were already through yaddayadda, which led me to thinking - if this game had been vital for qualification , for either side , could Bayern have put out a stronger side from their available pool of players and could we have done the same .
I think we know the answer.

No, Bayern could not - or the quality would be different and the playstyle would differ, but the overall quality would not improve. A fit Schweinsteiger for sure is more mature than a Thiago - but e.g. playing Thiago has advantages and disadvantages to playing Schweinsteiger. And a really fit Martinez is better for stability. But you actually played the better team some weeks ago and you know the outcome then, too. It is not only up to persons but to situations. Nobody ever denied that of a couple of matches against Bayern Manchester City could win some. But do some people here really believe that Bayern in their normal form are less strong than Manchester City in their normal form? It was the second or third match they lost this calendar year and the first after 10 CL matches against difficult opponents with a 28:3 goal difference (2 of the goals were penalties).

Last week you lost to Newcastle. Do you really believe that Newcastle is a stronger side than your team is? Or that Sunderland is? You have some great players, too.

Bayern sucked Tuesday - and your B-Team played a good match after the first half hour. Events went their way. I still do not know how a big man like Milner can fall so easily - but there was contact and it seems that even the tough English guys do not try to stay up in that situations. I remember that for the next time when it is a German or Bayern player that falls easily after a contact. Both Bayern goals could have been offside - but if they only have been slightly. I stopped to blame anybody if it is tight situations - on Saturday the first regular goal was stopped for an offside that was not. It is difficult for the referees to see that.

I hope everybody enjoyed the trip to Bavaria and Munich. I love that city and like to go there myself.

------------------

Seems like not only some City players did not know all about the goal rules. Neuer told to the press that he was not sure everybody of the Bayern team knew that they were not allowed to get another goal. Müller thought he was in a false film as he wanted to do the corner tango already in minute 87 and wondered why at an own corner 2 minutes later some of the Bayern defenders were wandering into the City box... - and Kroos told that the ones who knew it tried to hold back the others.

Maldeika said:
Bodicoteblue said:
I have spent all day listening to " experts " , rags , and plastics of all sorts telling me that it was a meaningless game as both teams were already through yaddayadda, which led me to thinking - if this game had been vital for qualification , for either side , could Bayern have put out a stronger side from their available pool of players and could we have done the same .

No, Bayern could not - or the quality would be different and the playstyle would differ, but the overall quality would not improve. A fit Schweinsteiger for sure is more mature than a Thiago - but e.g. playing Thiago has advantages and disadvantages to playing Schweinsteiger. And a really fit Martinez is better for stability. But you actually played the better team some weeks ago and you know the outcome then, too. It is not only up to persons but to situations. Nobody ever denied that of a couple of matches against Bayern Manchester City could win some. But do some people here really believe that Bayern in their normal form are less strong than Manchester City in their normal form? It was the second or third match they lost this calendar year and the first after 10 CL matches against difficult opponents with a 28:3 goal difference (2 of the goals were penalties).

Last week you lost to Newcastle. Do you really believe that Newcastle is a stronger side than your team is? Or that Sunderland is? You have some great players, too.

Bayern sucked Tuesday - and your B-Team played a good match after the first half hour. Events went their way. I still do not know how a big man like Milner can fall so easily - but there was contact and it seems that even the tough English guys do not try to stay up in that situations. I remember that for the next time when it is a German or Bayern player that falls easily after a contact. Both Bayern goals could have been offside - but if they only have been slightly. I stopped to blame anybody if it is tight situations - on Saturday the first regular goal was stopped for an offside that was not. It is difficult for the referees to see that.

I hope everybody enjoyed the trip to Bavaria and Munich. I love that city and like to go there myself.

------------------

Seems like not only some City players did not know all about the goal rules. Neuer told to the press that he was not sure everybody of the Bayern team knew that they were not allowed to get another goal. Müller thought he was in a false film as he wanted to do the corner tango already in minute 87 and wondered why at an own corner 2 minutes later some of the Bayern defenders were wandering into the City box... - and Kroos told that the ones who knew it tried to hold back the others.

So Milner falls easily? How do you describe Ribery's constant theatrics then? He goes down under the slightest touch. A great player but an absolute ****. Shows a lot about his character that he was the only one of your subbed players at the ethiad that was booed and not applauded off.

As for us losing to Newcastle you might want to check your facts seen as we didn't play them. That was Moyes' wankers.

citizenfan said:
Loved seeing the Bayern hierarchy when we took the lead and
at the end of the match just stunned.

That was one of the best bits of the whole match for me.They were all smiles and smug when they went 2-0 up,little City due another hammering,we'll show these new upstarts and then faces of disbelief as we won,fucking brilliant!

I feel like when we stuffed the rags 6-1 at the swamp,a case of,''Better get used to it this will happen more often!''

Bit by bit we are overcoming mental barriers and building a dynasty.Onwards and upwards.

That should of shut those two so called fans who wrote us off on blue tuesday,listen to them on the podcast when the team was read out

paulchapo said:
citizenfan said:
Loved seeing the Bayern hierarchy when we took the lead and
at the end of the match just stunned.

That was one of the best bits of the whole match for me.They were all smiles and smug when they went 2-0 up,little City due another hammering,we'll show these new upstarts and then faces of disbelief as we won,fucking brilliant!

I feel like when we stuffed the rags 6-1 at the swamp,a case of,''Better get used to it this will happen more often!''

Bit by bit we are overcoming mental barriers and building a dynasty.Onwards and upwards.

[bigimg]http://oi43.tinypic.com/219v1b6.jpg[/bigimg]

Maldeika said:
totalfootball said:
Maldeika said:
The Bayern players knew. I do not really understand why the ManCity players did not. That there is always somebody on the pitch that does not understand the rules - yes, some footballers aren't picked for their smartness. After the Dortmund match Sahin and Großkreutz told in an interview last week that they had to ask Kehl if it is enough, too. Why I mention this - where was the communication in the team? I am pretty sure e.g. Demichelis knew it, too.

But that influenced the match a lot. Bayern started the match great - and then lost the tension. The 2:1 was not really bothering - but it got strange with the penalty after the break. In a normal match they would have just gotten back in gear and gone for the next goal - but as this result already was dangerous they did not.

The substituting Mandzukic vor Shaqiri had nothing to do with the scenario. That is a normal change at Bayern - even when the offensive is in full gear. Mandzu even often tackles near the other box. Shaq was out because of an injury for 2 months and needs match time.

City did what they've been doing all season. Create chances and score goals without having too much of the ball. Guardiola warned his players that City can score goals very quickly, they didn't listen to him because they are too arrogant. They thought they were "untouchable".

If Bayern fans are claiming that their team weren't trying, then we can make the similar claim that City weren't trying the first 20 minutes.

City was not only not trying. They were scared to get bundles after Müller and Götze scored. And yes, the Bayern players were somehow arrogant. They thought they can bring home that match without a big effort then and got slobby. Somehow understandable, too - the most of the players did not get any rests during the recent weeks because of the injury problems and it is the last 4 matches until the break with the highlight still following. And then the match just went its way.

Müller called it the best worst-case-scenario. If something could go wrong it was that match and with this end. You loose but at the end you still are the winner as it could have been worse. You have the learning effect that matches can go this way so you keep concentrated the next times (they did after Arsenal the last year for a very long time) - but everything ran so smoothly recently that they maybe thought nothing can harm them. Guardiola even told that it was good that they lost again. For City it was different. Yes, it was a win - but at the end it was a loss as you weren't far away from winning the group and partly lost it out of stupidity. Your players aren't newbies and the awayrule ain't something really strange and difficult. The most fans knew about it. In the Bayern forums they were joking during the match when Hart was slowing the match down at the end that they do not know - that it was like this is somehow funny.

What did it show at the end? As long as Bayern kept concentrated and really worked for it they had the upper hand in both matches. But ManCity - no matter if first team or filled up with bench players - is no team you can play careless against. And - you can win against Bayern if they let you.

I was in the Bayernforum yesterday night. And even if nobody likes loosing a lot just thought that it was not bad that they did. Gets them on the floor again. And kills the hype a little.
What an arrogant **** you come across as. This is why you are the rags of Germany.

See you in the latter stages I hope.

Maldeika said:
Bodicoteblue said:

------------------

more excuses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.