Bayern v City (Post Match)

Clichy and Fernandinho will likely play the majority of games this season. They understand what's required and are moving into positions with excellent anticipation. Some youngsters look comfortable, others awkward, and with more of our game requiring ability upstairs, if players don't have it there, they won't have time when it reaches their feet

Analysing the performance of a city team that will never play together as an 11 in a competitive match against a Bayern 11 that will never play together in a competitive match is pretty pointless.

So much to be positive about, but Angelino was the best player on the pitch for me.

I've been as harsh a critic of him as any after NYCFC, but I'm genuinely impressed and hopeful after what he showed tonight.

My memory has gone. Anyone know the young lad who scored our goal in the 1-5 Chelsea cup game. I thought he was a real handful. Have we sold/loaned him?

Very happy with the full backs.

Hard to take anything out of a friendly under any circumstances, even less so when he's only been here 2 weeks.

Pressing was good, and we were working much harder and much higher up the pitch in the 2nd half

Anyone thinking about the Rags posing as Blues thread reading some of these reactions? Haha!

First match under the new manager, half the first team not there, plenty of players who have never player together much, Bayern already had a game so they are ahead of us and had more senior players... what expectations did some people have or are they rags on a wind up?

I wasn't expecting much from this game(in fact surprised we came out the better team for the second half) and their goal was a complete fluke. Pep will have plenty to go over with them now, this is where it really starts, loved how animated and ontop of players who weren't doing the right things Pep was... very excited bring on the Rags!

More of that from Angelino and he'll be starting the first game of the season I feel

Over the years I’ve witnessed dozens of clumsy, yet physically imposing opponents, who compensate for their lack of finesse, by battering and bullying our central defenders into submission.
Thankfully Wilfried Bony bucks the trend by losing all the 50-50 challenges as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.