Bazza Injured

De Jong out for two more weeks now too, if Barry is injured for tomorrow and Wednesday too, we only really have one holding player fit for Wigan and Napoli (Yaya). Milner likely to start one or both games, Razak on bench?

It'd be nice to see youth given a chance but we also have defenders who could do a fine job there. It's a role thT many could do IMO if given good guidance - e.g. Clichy could be phenomenal with his pace and good skills. Savic seems very capable with the ball at his feet. Toure could do it. Inlike the idea of a full back trying out the role every now and again as they can cut through the middle ... In my dreams that's what happens and we always win 10 nil.

danburge82 said:
Gareth Barry can't perform weekend-midweek-weekend anyway. He's always shit in one of them games. He's just not that kind of physical specimen, his recovery is quite slow after decent exhertions. Since he played well for England in both games this game against Wigan would be the one he'd struggle in. So I'm kinda glad he might no be able to play.

None of these players started (or even played) for their countries in midweek (or at all):
Clichy
Lescott
de Jong
Nasri
Silva
Agüero
Tevez
AJohnson
Balotelli.

Plus Milner only started one of the two internationals. So we'll have a fair few fresh players for Wigan!

-- Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:45 am --

mcfc1632 said:
there were some press reports about Nasri suffering a broken metatarsal - thnkfully that seems not to be true
Tarsals and metatarsals are in the foot. Carpals (hence carpel-tunnel syndrome in the palm/wrist area) and metacarpals are in the hand. It's rumoured he's injured a metacarpal. How badly I don't know. He'll be fine to play!

Adam Johnson did

LoveCity said:
De Jong out for two more weeks now too, if Barry is injured for tomorrow and Wednesday too, we only really have one holding player fit for Wigan and Napoli (Yaya). Milner likely to start one or both games, Razak on bench?

I'd prefer Saurez.

Vassell said:
danburge82 said:
Gareth Barry can't perform weekend-midweek-weekend anyway. He's always shit in one of them games. He's just not that kind of physical specimen, his recovery is quite slow after decent exhertions. Since he played well for England in both games this game against Wigan would be the one he'd struggle in. So I'm kinda glad he might no be able to play.

None of these players started (or even played) for their countries in midweek (or at all):
Clichy
Lescott
de Jong
Nasri
Silva
Agüero
Tevez
AJohnson
Balotelli.

Plus Milner only started one of the two internationals. So we'll have a fair few fresh players for Wigan!

-- Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:45 am --

mcfc1632 said:
there were some press reports about Nasri suffering a broken metatarsal - thnkfully that seems not to be true
Tarsals and metatarsals are in the foot. Carpals (hence carpel-tunnel syndrome in the palm/wrist area) and metacarpals are in the hand. It's rumoured he's injured a metacarpal. How badly I don't know. He'll be fine to play!

Adam Johnson did

I believe he means, that the players didn't offcially start a game or they never did play. Nasri and adam johnson only played minor parts of the games.

Wont be a big loss for the team. We are lucky we have a big squad. I can see Zabba playing midfield if needs be if we are looking to have a more defensive player in the team for tomorrow. A home game we should only really need 1 holding player. Yaya Im not sure if he can do that job on his own yet in my opinion.

LoveCity said:

mancini says de jong is ready. personally i think he holds us back, (too defensive) but he's fit to play

wrongun73 said:
LoveCity said:

mancini says de jong is ready. personally i think he holds us back, (too defensive) but he's fit to play

I must have heard a different Mancini!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.