BBC forced to withdraw claim that Man City have bought English football.

Just returning to the thread subject and the BBC attack on our club for a moment. They have taken the offending News at 10 programme off the iplayer now, I suspect that lawyers from City and/or the PL are at work. A clear racist assault on the club disguised as a complaint that our Arab derived 'financial clout' (obviously not our on field performances) is making English football too predictable.
Do you check every day that the 10 o'clock news remains in the iplayer, or is it standard for it to disappear after a couple of days ? Its a question, I have no idea, as I've never wanted to watch a repeat of a news bulletin.

Do you check every day that the 10 o'clock news remains in the iplayer, or is it standard for it to disappear after a couple of days ? Its a question, I have no idea, as I've never wanted to watch a repeat of a news bulletin.
No need to be impertinent, the link was put on this thread by @Fame Monster and I found it's now been removed when checking the original for a follow up to my BBC complaint. The editing out of Roan's racist question on the website video and the whole programme being taken down (the others are still on there btw) could be significant as I have already posted.

Reply to my complaint

Subject: BBC Complaints - Case number CAS-5572998-RC5QVH

Thank you for contacting us in relation to the BBC One broadcast of BBC News at Ten on 7 August.

I understand you have concerns relating to Dan Roan's interview with Richard Masters as you feel there was a lack of impartiality.

I am sorry to learn of your concerns about this. The BBC believes that those in positions of responsibility should be given the opportunity to explain their thinking on matters of public concern and answer criticisms of it. The job of the BBC interviewer is to then put forward questions likely to be in the minds of our audience.

Dan's interview with Mr Masters was no exception. Dan asked Mr Masters about a range of subjects, including Man City, discrimination and the relationship between football and gambling.

Just because Dan questioned whether Man City's financial clout made the League unpredictable does not mean that it can be inferred that this is his own view. This is part of the grammar of a news interview and is often appreciated by BBC News at Ten viewers.

We do value your feedback about this. All complaints are sent to senior management and I’ve included your points in our overnight report. These reports are among the most widely read sources of feedback in the BBC and ensures that your concerns have been seen by the right people quickly. This helps inform their decisions about current and future content.

Thank you once again for getting in touch.

Deborah Dawson

BBC Complaints

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

No difficulty in finding out who they think they are - explains it all really. I'm going to ask Debbie for a face to chat and suggest she looks at Banned Roan's oeuvre on twitter and elsewhere before she turns up. https://www.mancity.com/news/club news/club news/archive/2012/march/man city ban bbc man dan roan

Reply to my complaint

Subject: BBC Complaints - Case number CAS-5572998-RC5QVH

Thank you for contacting us in relation to the BBC One broadcast of BBC News at Ten on 7 August.

I understand you have concerns relating to Dan Roan's interview with Richard Masters as you feel there was a lack of impartiality.

I am sorry to learn of your concerns about this. The BBC believes that those in positions of responsibility should be given the opportunity to explain their thinking on matters of public concern and answer criticisms of it. The job of the BBC interviewer is to then put forward questions likely to be in the minds of our audience.

Dan's interview with Mr Masters was no exception. Dan asked Mr Masters about a range of subjects, including Man City, discrimination and the relationship between football and gambling.

Just because Dan questioned whether Man City's financial clout made the League unpredictable does not mean that it can be inferred that this is his own view. This is part of the grammar of a news interview and is often appreciated by BBC News at Ten viewers.

We do value your feedback about this. All complaints are sent to senior management and I’ve included your points in our overnight report. These reports are among the most widely read sources of feedback in the BBC and ensures that your concerns have been seen by the right people quickly. This helps inform their decisions about current and future content.

Thank you once again for getting in touch.

Deborah Dawson

BBC Complaints

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

No difficulty in finding out who they are. I'm going to ask Debbie for a face to chat and suggest she looks at Banned Roan's oeuvre on twitter and elsewhere before she turns up.
https://www.mancity.com/news/club news/club news/archive/2012/march/man city ban bbc man dan roan

I wouldn’t book a room for your “meeting”just yet. If she met every crackpot who wrote in she’d never sleep.

About time the BBC was wound up in its present form , they do have an decent product but their standards of "impartiality" are now non -existent , they target clicks and viewers like any other commercial media outlet with total disregard for an even playing field .Fleecing the public for £150 a year is something from the dark ages , and about time the license was withdrawn and they stand on their own two feet.

About time the BBC was wound up in its present form , they do have an decent product but their standards of "impartiality" are now non -existent , they target clicks and viewers like any other commercial media outlet with total disregard for an even playing field .Fleecing the public for £150 a year is something from the dark ages , and about time the license was withdrawn and they stand on their own two feet.

I put the BBC, Sky, and BT in the same boat. I don't subscribe to the latter sports offerings and were the BBC to rely on subscriptions rather than a licence they would soon go bust and the collection of Dirty Dans they have would be down the Labour!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.