BBC Poll - Vote quickly

Hypocritical wankers to a man. These are the same pricks who say Pellegrini should be walking the league every year with our squad and that he has massively underachieved. Now we're replacing him with the best manager in the world and suddenly he's being harshly treated.

The people who will criticise City, in particular those in the media, would also have criticised the club if it had become known that they had the chance to hire Guardiola but passed on it.

well no I don't know what you mean -lol

Pelle has not been sacked. His contract is finishing as is allowed under how it was structured.

Lazy comments like the BBC and other media outlets make it sound like pelle has been fucked over. He hasn't. He has had a good stint and I reckon the football on his first season was amongst the best I have seem by any city team but we move on.

The most sought after manager in football whose record now is outstanding is available. Why would any big ambitious club not go for that man?

It's a no brainer

Ok let me rephrase - does this type of thing happen when other clubs change managers?

Jeez!

Its perhaps unfair by the traditions of English football of days increasingly long gone. In Europe in places like Madrid and Milan its pretty normal and not seen by managers as harsh or unfair and been that way for decades. Bobby Robson was "sacked" by Barcelona having won 2 trophies, I am sure Madrid have parted with managers days after winning titles.

Even so its an opportunity not to be missed for the media and those who are envious to have a pop, How the evil empire that is Manchester City cruelly cast such a nice old chap like Pellers on the scrap heap.....

As many have said I suspect that Pellers has been fully aware and comfortable with the fact that should Pep become available and open to taking the job he would then be expected to step aside.

Ok let me rephrase - does this type of thing happen when other clubs change managers?
Dunno about the polls, but probably. Managers always tend to back other managers. You'll rarely see anyone interviewed who says that a manager deserved to lose their job. Even David Moyes taking the champions to 7th place "deserved more time." Tim Sherwood and Jose Mourinho's sackings were also criticised. The media basically spend a year slagging off a manager and building up pressure on him, and then when he's finally sacked, they wheel out everyone they can find to tell us how unfortunate the sacking was.

Does this type of thing happen when other clubs sack managers?

We had it when Hughes went. Apparently Mancini was in the stand the day we played Sunderland. Wonder where they have Guardiola? There will no doubt be an 'angle' now that the club has done the business extremely professionally!

I think the whole football world would like us to spend a couple of seasons with half a dozen managers who get the job if their raffle ticket is drawn.

It is beyond parody that any Rag, Dipper, or any other hurters should have concern for Manuel Pelligrini.
Also, during my long tenure upon this mortal coil, I've never seen or heard of anyone who's been told he's getting the sack,
staying on for another 5 months, unless he's been offered a fucking redundancy package, which I very much doubt is the case
in this instance.
Attack City by all means, but for fuck's sake, think about how for once.

Being treated badly is inheriting a decaying side, being given no transfer budget, and being sacked before the end of even 1 season and replaced with someone who then spends half a billion the next 2 years with results barely better than yours, along with football that more resembles fishing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.