BBC sport best overseas player

I heard a similar debate on Radio5 Live on the day that Andy Murray announced his probable retirement.

The subject was the Greatest British Sportsman of All Time, and the Tennis expert was campaigning for Murray, on the grounds that Tennis, (unlike Football, Rugby, or Cricket) was virtually the only major sport where the next World Number One could originate from 5 different continents or 50 different countries.
Therefore, by winning Wimbledon and the US Masters, Andy Murray was the greatest British Sportsman of all time.

Another journalist suggested Lewis Hamilton or David Beckham, and the journalist replied:

“Hamilton’s a good shout, but Beckham would only win if we had a referendum and all the rabid anti-Scottish, pro-Manchester United, Beckham -worshipping masses turned up to vote.

By the same token, don’t be too surprised if Cantona wins

Why are you asking us to vote ? Everyone on here knows the BBC are a stinking stream of biased piss, why would I support them by entering a stupid vote ? They will pander to the raggies, c*ntona will win it and everyone on here will moan. The BBC however will declare it a success as thousands voted.

As for me, I'm out.

Same here, pointless exercise ....

If the BBC don't get the result they want they'll simply bring it back next week for another vote. It's called democracy apparently...

glauber-berti.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.