BBC SPOTY | Team of the Year: CITY | Coach of the Year: GUARDIOLA | World Sport Star: HAALAND

Jack Grealish should have been SPOTY but fat chance of enough people voting for him.

City win 3 awards but the BEEB doesn’t make much of it. Didn’t help that no one from City could be there.

I may be cynical but why this year to give a former Scouse player a big award to go with a Rag getting the big award.

On the actual show they made a big deal of City's success and had Walker and Pep speaking about their awards.

Ultimately it's been a "meh" year for sport in this country in terms of the major sports. Earps had a good world cup, although she was defo off her line with that penalty save so it should have been re-taken! I feel for those successful in the world athletics championships because they probably deserved the award the most. It's just a sport not many follow these days and so "personality" wise you don't get much of a look in.

Pep's comments on the award were "Kyle told me how prestigious this is" which meant he must have asked Kyle what the fuck SPOTY even was! They're focussed on the bigger prizes so I wouldn't be too worried about the lack of coverage.

Nothing much in 2023 just a member of the team that this year won

The Arold Clark Cup
The Finalissima
Womens WC runner up - tournament where she won the Golden Gloves
2023 Womans footballer of the Year
Sunday Times Sports Woman of the Year

possibly something I have missed but yeah she has had a shit 2023 and plays for the other lot so must he hated - how sad

She also had a brilliant assist for Bunny's derby winner the other week!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.