BBC - ultimate British group poll (National Album Day)

Are you suggesting Vernon Kay and Scott Mills aren't music experts?

All Saints ffs. Soul 2 Soul? I'll quote wikipedia for them:

"They are best known for their two major hits."

Best British band of all time.
Can you imagine All Saints being voted the best British Group! Ha ha, they have some half decent tunes but my god.

My five without even looking at the list in detail would be

The Smiths
The Jam
The Clash
The Stone Roses
The Cure

Not fully read through thread but can't understand why more people aren't objecting to the presence of Imagination on the poll.

Only a few hit singles most of which sound the bloody same with that elastic bass sound.
If a black/multicultural old school band is to be included for diversity purposes then Hot Chocolate or Real Thing are far more deserving.

Not fully read through thread but can't understand why more people aren't objecting to the presence of Imagination on the poll.

Only a few hit singles most of which sound the bloody same with that elastic bass sound.
If a black/multicultural old school band is to be included for diversity purposes then Hot Chocolate or Real Thing are far more deserving.
Good point. Hot Chocolate were great and were far more successful than Imagination.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.