BBC

Or any other service that allows viewing of Live TV. iPlayer, Amazon Video ( when they show sports etc ).

Well, iplayer is essentially domestic TV. Didn't know about Amazon video, thanks for that - I wonder why Amazon and not Sky!

So basically if you want to watch something live on Amazon or from the BBC, you have to pay a licence fee. Maybe we should ask them to change the name from licence fee to subscription fee.

Well, iplayer is essentially domestic TV. Didn't know about Amazon video, thanks for that - I wonder why Amazon and not Sky!

So basically if you want to watch something live on Amazon or from the BBC, you have to pay a licence fee. Maybe we should ask them to change the name from licence fee to subscription fee.

You need it for Sky,

Any viewing of any live TV from any source.

https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one

The law says you need to be covered by a TV Licence to:

• watch or record programmes as they’re being shown on TV, on any channel
  • watch or stream programmes live on an online TV service (such as ITV Hub, All 4, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, Now TV, Sky Go, etc.)
  • download or watch any BBC programmes on iPlayer.

We have seen the death of the high street as large businesses failed to accept the internet and online shopping. They then refused to adapt even when it was obvious what was happening. Why then are we expected to prop up something from the 1950's just because it is the BBC. It is outdated and if it was a commercial organisation it would have gone to the wall years ago. Does anyone believe that a commercial radio station could afford or would pay Chris Evans £2.5 million ?

Does anyone believe that a commercial radio station could afford or would pay Chris Evans £2.5 million ?

I realize this is in the States but Howard Stern got $90m last year for his radio show. Ryan Seacrest got $74m,

Also Evans got £2m from Virgin Radio last year.

I've been banned for about 3 weeks now from the Liverpool thread..

I don't know if I'm banned forever from the thread, I'm sure I'll get over it..

I don't bother with it now but just checked and yes, still banned..

I've never been banned from anywhere in my life before, I wasn't even too outspoken in my opinion before being terminated..!

Shame, I won't get the chance to wish them all the best on their once in a generation title win now..!
Same! I haven’t been allowed to post in it for a while now. I think it’s a little too PC.

I think BBC sport HYS is totally run by dippers. They’re allowed to call City all sorts, but as soon as you mention ‘dipper’ or Hysel etc, it gets removed.

I moan about bbc content a lot, but in fairness for 3 quid a week what it produces at regional and national level is worth it.

What it needs it to be free of any government interference and threats so it can remain level and unbiased.

At the moment it seems to have lived in fear from both labour and tory governments

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.