BCWFC (A) Arsenal (H) Match Threads/WSL Title Run In:

Much better when we made the changes at half time. Bringing on Casparaj and switching Kelly & Fowler changed it for us. What a strike from Mary for the 1st and fantastic movement and finish for her 2nd (almost like a proper #9). Kelly looked far happier out wide too. A bit lucky with the 3rd being an OG when none of ours would've been there to knock it in. The 4th could prove important at teh end of the season. Well done to the girls for keeping on pushing till the end.

Well done Ladies.
Arsenal are toast for the title after drawing with Everton today. Lets hope they're wallowing in self pity. We're at home so a good performance and let's get this over the line.
Fucking disgraceful commentary and punditry from those cunts at Sky today.
My personal favourite was halfway through the 2nd half stating, 77% posession, 24 shots, 13 on target apparently doesn't tell the story of the game. FFS they didn't have a touch in our box the entirety of the 2nd half. They played a deep lying 5-4-1 low block in a game they had to win. Deservedly relegated.

Absolutely wicked away day that. Really great turnout from our travelling support given the kick off time on a Sunday.

Also huge credit to Bristol City. 8750 in Ashton Gate again. The third highest average attendance in all of Europe this season. Really hope they bounce back up again as the WSL needs teams and support like that in the top division.

What a shower. Even after they went 2 and 3 down they stilled played everyone back in the area. Anything to stop us scoring. Very strange team.

Good result, given the first half, I'm not sure if the +7 on chelsea is enough, with 2 games in hand, but we both have games we can still drop points in, same as the men basically.
I think +7 is a pretty decent gap to have opened up given where the GD was at a few weeks ago, but I agree it could quickly evaporate as Chelsea could easily put 5 or 6 past Bristol and/or Liverpool.

Things working slightly in our favour are that they play United and Liverpool both away who are both fighting for fourth. There's no European place for fourth but I think i think grabbing that spot means a lot to both clubs nonetheless. Would be embarrassing for United to slip behind Liverpool and a massive achievement for Liverpool to top United.

Our match against Arsenal is the tougher than any match Chelsea have left but they can't finish higher or lower than third now so I'm hoping they will be somewhat on the beach. Whilst I dont think they'd throw the match or anything, I dont think there's any great appetite for them to see Chelsea win the league and all of the Arsenal womens fans I know genuinely want us beat them this weekend.

On the flip side, even though it could mean handing the title to us, I think United will be doing all they can to stop Chelsea on the last day of the season. They want to finish as high as they can and I think they'd take great satisfaction in leaving Emma Hayes potless this season. I think United and their fans would really enjoy ending the season by wrecking Emma Hayes' swan song. Especially as the FA cup game got quite spicy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.