BCWFC (A) Arsenal (H) Match Threads/WSL Title Run In:

What an awful watch that was, could see that coming from a mile off. Why would you not change it? Even throwing another defender on and going ultra defensive would have been a half decent tactic given they were just sitting in anyway.

Taylor just stood there watched and had zero reaction to both those goals going in. weird.
Was walking round the pitch smiling and joking after the final whistle.

Is he already off and is just checked out?

Very strange behaviour all-around.

Woeful performance in a really meaningful game. Just had nobody on the bench to come on and steady things down for us. We just seemed like an entirely different team to the one that's been hoovering up the opposition for the most of this season. Could hardly string a few passes together. If we were just going to try and defend that 1 goal lead for all of the 2nd half then why not bring on Kennedy (or Steph) to help stiffen us up. Ridiculous only making a defensive change when Casparij got injured.

Got what we deserved by stopping any forward play, always looking to re-cycle the ball which invited them on. Above all it struck me that this was a game too far for some. The injuries to Roord and Shaw have led to the same players constantly playing and with Taylor refusing to throw on either Blinkilde-Brown for Jess who looked knackered or take a gamble on Pritchard to lead the line rather than the fully checked out Kelly we threw that match away.

Get a second goal and they would have struggled to win that match. I am furious with keeping Kelly central or maybe on the pitch - she was terrible today and missed a really easy chance.

It will be tough now because have we got the forward power to outscore Chelsea on the last weekend? I'm not sure.

Got scared of winning it. Tried to just cling on, but it's not what we're good at and not what has got us into such a great position in the league. Not quite disastrous, but not far off. A draw would even have been decent.

Got what we deserved by stopping any forward play, always looking to re-cycle the ball which invited them on. Above all it struck me that this was a game too far for some. The injuries to Roord and Shaw have led to the same players constantly playing and with Taylor refusing to throw on either Blinkilde-Brown for Jess who looked knackered or take a gamble on Pritchard to lead the line rather than the fully checked out Kelly we threw that match away.

Get a second goal and they would have struggled to win that match. I am furious with keeping Kelly central or maybe on the pitch - she was terrible today and missed a really easy chance.

It will be tough now because have we got the forward power to outscore Chelsea on the last weekend? I'm not sure.
Yeah I thought Kelly was particularly poor and should have been replaced.

We just couldn't see us hanging on and that seemed to be the extent of our tactics, and considering that we were playing to put ourselves in a great position to win the league, hopefully hanging on isn't good enough. What on earth happened? The first half wasn't that bad, but that second half display, absolutely shocking. Such a disappointment, Arsenal deserved it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.