BCWFC (A) Arsenal (H) Match Threads/WSL Title Run In:

We just couldn't see us hanging on and that seemed to be the extent of our tactics, and considering that we were playing to put ourselves in a great position to win the league, hopefully hanging on isn't good enough. What on earth happened? The first half wasn't that bad, but that second half display, absolutely shocking. Such a disappointment, Arsenal deserved it.
Don’t think they deserved the win but agree the tactics and approach in the second half was poor. Angeldahl was poor when she came on and Kelly has been poor for a while but I think the team became far too cautious in the wrong areas of the pitch. I think a lot rests on Spurs but presumably they have the cup final on their mind and then we have to hope we beat Villa and the rags (greatest women’s team ever) do us a favoir

What an awful watch that was, could see that coming from a mile off. Why would you not change it? Even throwing another defender on and going ultra defensive would have been a half decent tactic given they were just sitting in anyway.

Taylor just stood there watched and had zero reaction to both those goals going in. weird.
He didn't even stand there until right at the end, all the coaching was being done by Mahon. All he ever does is sit there with the occasional bot of standing.

Is there a fear of using substitutes, currently, at City ?
Kelly and Hemp were knackered and the midfield was being walked through.
Yet Taylor, did nothing.
Not a fan of the Arsenal manager's behaviour (seems a replica of Arteta's antics), but he used all 5 subs.
Taylor seemed like a rabbit in the headlights...

Only just signed a new contract he be around for a few more years
Perhaps that is the issue, then.

Taylor’s behaviour, at least to me, was just bizarre.

Can’t imagine Pep just walking around the pitch smiling and laughing after losing a game that would have clinched us the title that we were winning going in to the 88th minute.

Pep was practically apoplectic after the final whistle in the home derby that would have won us the league.

I feel so sorry for the team but it has to be said that management again was very poor. If Coombs had to be substituted Angeldahl was not the right choice. Kelly had been poor through out the match and was just a passenger for the last 20 minutes. Parks and Fowler faded badly in the last 15 minutes and should have been substitited. Morgan and Houghton should have been on to give some steel to the defence and when Casparij had to go off (did she really?) we lost one of the quickest defenders. All told this could and should have been avoided. I don’t think Chelsea will make a mistake tonight and could wipe out the goal difference…..hope they do make a mistake!
There is still a real chance of being Champion with a big win against Villa in two weeks.

If it's still riding on the last game by the time it comes round, it will be a proper test for the players. This result will mess some of them up and they need to forget it and move on, right now, and focus on playing 2 halves of football like the first half today and not the second.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.