Be Here Now Remaster October

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by @BluePhil8, 18 Aug 2016.

1. @BluePhil8

@BluePhil8

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/oasis-prep-be-here-now-reissue-packed-with-rare-demos-w430345

Can't wait for this. Bought DM and MG remasters and was really happy with the demos included.

The HD video above looks top.

Anyone else buying day one?

Last edited: 18 Aug 2016
  2. bluemike

bluemike

Think I will give it a miss. Listened to Be Here Now for the first time in years about 18 months ago, it was shit.
    And I'm an Oasis fan.
    (Positive that some of the demos will be an improvement).

3. Nightmare Walking

Nightmare Walking

Has Liam has his hair transplant yet? So they can get back together, before I need a hip and knee replacement.

4. acquiesce

acquiesce

Have it ordered already. As you said the first two were top, so looking forward to it. That Noel Gallagher rework of D'you Know What I Mean sounds mega.

5. Yaya_Tony

Yaya_Tony

Team supported:
    --> bluarmy
    Makes me want to play it. Fuck it, going to.

Know what I mean?

6. chaddblue

chaddblue

Thought Noel hated this album?

Personally I always thought it was great

7. Bellamy's Caddy

Bellamy's Caddy

My favourite Oasis album. I remember buying it the day it came out... Can't believe it's nearly 20 years old... That's mental.

Whilst I love the remastered version of D'you Know What I Mean and the video looks like it was filmed yesterday! I have to say the release of this album just seems like an opportunity lost to me. I was hoping they were going to edit the songs and cut out a lot of the weird outros and reduce the track times, then I read Noel's quote "we got as far as the first track before we couldn't be arsed any more and gave up". I think that's just lazy and doesn't inspire me to part with my hard earned cash for it. Obviously I will do and the the additional content looks really good, but think it's a shame they didn't put more effort in to remastering the main album.

8. acquiesce

acquiesce

I think he's said that he regretted a lot about the album and that it could have been a lot better. With the amount of coke they were doing, all the guitar parts/layers and intro's/outro's are just overblown. I vaguely remember him saying that there's something like 15 layers of guitars on D'you Know What I Mean at various points.

9. johnmc

johnmc

Remasters always seem far more polished than the original and it's never a good thing.

10. Yaya_Tony

Yaya_Tony

Team supported:
    --> bluarmy
    The Prodigy Experience remastered is decent, better than the original imho