Beady Eye - Blue Moon

allan harper said:
sweep said:
Jesus there have been some bad versions of blue moon recorded but that is truly fucking shocking. To pull a song like that off you either have to be able to sing or you just do it fast and loud like Supra did. To hear someone try and perform that song with his awful timbre and complete lack of natural pitch is cringeworthy. Whichever studio pro said 'Yes Liam, that take is good enough to inflict on the public' should be embarrassed, hearing it at home games is going to be painful.

There is a reason why the fast version of Bluemoon never caught on in the stands

The Supra version is fucking horrific. I actually cringe every time it "kicks in."

svennis pennis said:
allan harper said:
sweep said:
Jesus there have been some bad versions of blue moon recorded but that is truly fucking shocking. To pull a song like that off you either have to be able to sing or you just do it fast and loud like Supra did. To hear someone try and perform that song with his awful timbre and complete lack of natural pitch is cringeworthy. Whichever studio pro said 'Yes Liam, that take is good enough to inflict on the public' should be embarrassed, hearing it at home games is going to be painful.

There is a reason why the fast version of Bluemoon never caught on in the stands

The Supra version is fucking horrific. I actually cringe every time it "kicks in."

Agreed mate

Should be funny next year at The Etihad Stadium, 20, 000 pissed up fans all trying to fucking whistle !

Great version By Beady Eye.

allan harper said:
sweep said:

Yes you're right, because of course we never sing, bounce and clap along to that in the stands do we? No, never. That's not the point though, thousands of blues singing/chanting bluemoon on the stands sounds excellent and can make the hairs on the back of the neck stand up, that's not what we're talking about here, what staggers me about this is that somebody actually played back the recording of that noise from Gallagers's gob and said 'Yes, that'll do'!

sweep said:
allan harper said:
sweep said:

Yes you're right, because of course we never sing, bounce and clap along to that in the stands do we? No, never. That's not the point though, thousands of blues singing/chanting bluemoon on the stands sounds excellent and can make the hairs on the back of the neck stand up, that's not what we're talking about here, what staggers me about this is that somebody actually played back the recording of that noise from Gallagers's gob and said 'Yes, that'll do'!

Wrong !

The slow start to Bluemoon everybody joins in, then when drug fuelled faster version kicks in it dies a quick death.

And when was the faster version ever sung at away games ?

allan harper said:
sweep said:
allan harper said:

Wrong !

The slow start to Bluemoon everybody joins in, then when drug fuelled faster version kicks in it dies a quick death.

And when was the faster version ever sung at away games ?
I'm not talking about when they play it through the PA before kick off, when we play well and the atmosphere is rocking the slow version and the fast clapping version are always both heard. This doesn't change the fact that Gallagher shouldn't attempt to record songs which require some ability to pull off.

I'm a huge Oasis fan, think Beady eye are pretty good and as for this, well it's good...not amazing but not bad either. It's 100 times better than the god awful Supra version.
As others have said, it's so easy to slag the Gallaghers off...much easier than actually taking a minute to realise they both love the club. Makes me laugh every time someone says "they turned their back on Manchester blah blah blah". Do me a favour!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.