Beady Eye - Blue Moon

dannybcity said:
whosonthebench said:
Did anyone else see that hayley mcqueen on SSN after they shown it on there. She said it was a bit weird and didn't like it then.the fella with her just went "OK"

not a fan of liams music but I like this.

Arsed, the very fact it's on ssn means it's working.
Him in our shirt got a mention on Talkspite as well.

Why does everyone love to call liam gallagher/oasis? he's a proper blue who makes great music and might just want to associate them both! I thought it was a decent cover

lastmanback said:
more like this version me thinks ?

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/7tNnulRuMGU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/7tNnulRuMGU</a>
Agreed.

I like it.

PS, post #100

Brilliant! Love the Bluemoon by Liam, and tbh I like the song after it. The lyrics fit into the whole Manchester City/Bluemoon theme.

Oh and heres a comment by someone on youtube, which is what I wanted to say, but he sums it up perfectly:

"The two songs merge seamlessly - its a stroke of pure fucking genious, thats it, pure fucking genious. All you Liam knockers - fuck you!"

Roger Ringpiece said:
It's unfortunate that people can't see this as him simply using the song to promote his own song by tagging it onto the start of it and promote a dreary band who have so far released 7 singles from what I can see, with the highest charting 'peaking' at a whopping number 31-him singing it is merely a way of trying to rescue his new band whilst using City to promote it.

5 singles mate. First two were released on limited runs of 4000 vinyls each and sold out in minutes. The Roller was a marketing cock up and would of charted higher. Vinyl was released about two weeks before the digital download. If you are judging a band on singles chart positions then you are pretty clueless about the modern manner in which the chart now works. Look at the top 40 and tell me how many bands are in there? its just not "fashionable" for kids to buy that type of music any more, slap on a remix with Rihanna worbling all over it and you'd have a top 5 on your hand. Some of the best acts about right now, For Example Miles Kane hasn't even charted inside the top 40, Re-arranange charted at number 92, in my eyes its the song of the year.

The difference is in the live arena and that is where any band worth their salt will make their money now. Beady Eye sell out every sinlge show within half an hour of putting it on sale, they wont be judged on singles sales. That climate has changed. They are viewing their single releases as a collectors items. All 5 singles have been released on limited 4000 run vinyls while you can find unnumbered vinyls in local record shops. Its a good way to do things.

Jesus there have been some bad versions of blue moon recorded but that is truly fucking shocking. To pull a song like that off you either have to be able to sing or you just do it fast and loud like Supra did. To hear someone try and perform that song with his awful timbre and complete lack of natural pitch is cringeworthy. Whichever studio pro said 'Yes Liam, that take is good enough to inflict on the public' should be embarrassed, hearing it at home games is going to be painful.

Wheelsy said:
That vid is almost as big a pile of wank as the shirt.

Something about being upside down affects you lot.

Great song and I am really taking to the shirt now.

sweep said:
Jesus there have been some bad versions of blue moon recorded but that is truly fucking shocking. To pull a song like that off you either have to be able to sing or you just do it fast and loud like Supra did. To hear someone try and perform that song with his awful timbre and complete lack of natural pitch is cringeworthy. Whichever studio pro said 'Yes Liam, that take is good enough to inflict on the public' should be embarrassed, hearing it at home games is going to be painful.

There is a reason why the fast version of Bluemoon never caught on in the stands

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.