Beckham Not selected for Olympics

BrianW said:
What's the argument for picking him? That he used to be a good footballer? So did Sir Tom Finney. Tom too old? So is Beckham.

Ticket sales from gullible celebrity obsessed tanarexics and sells more media faff around the games making Seb and Boris more cash. i'm sure the BBC will now make an arse licking documentary on his "Suffering" broadcast on Christmas day as a form of apology.

And now he has been suspended in USA anyway!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18733393" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18733393</a>

Over rated, over hyped and, thank goodness, over there away from the Premier League!! (actually not good enough these days for the EPL, IMHO)

Eccles Blue said:
And now he has been suspended in USA anyway!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18733393" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18733393</a>

Over rated, over hyped and, thank goodness, over there away from the Premier League!! (actually not good enough these days for the EPL, IMHO)

Pure and utter petulance the sending off, you can just tell he's got his *rse out over not been selected for the olympics. I guess this just vindicates why Pearce has overlooked him good on yer Stu!!!

This really annoys me. Has there ever been a player where the quality has been so overtaken by the hype.
He was a good and exceptionally committed England player for about 5 years. That's all. Wouldn't even get near to an all-time England XI, never mind being world class.
Then he has the gall to move to the US for.....England Olympic aspirations? No fear, just the publicity and dollar bills.
Stuart Pearce was spot on. And he was a better footballer!

And while we're on about the Olympics, had they spread it out about so the rest of the country could have felt involved then great. But no. If your not a power-broking cockney you can just get stuffed it feels. Shame, coz I loved the Winter Olympics.

since corruption is rampant in fifa and at times the IOC, my question is who gets all the money from the ticket sales for the olympic football matches? if it's the IOC, then it shouldn't really matter as they might not give two hoots about it. i also can't really see olympic ticket match prices being anywhere near the worldcup ticket prices. however, as it is in england it will probably be higher than average compared to previous olympics (and adjusted for inflation). if fifa receives some or all of the money, then i can see why there is such a clamour for that arsehole to play

Disclaimer***This is not based on fact

Cry me a fucking river: Beckham not selected for Olympics 'BOOHOO articles'

So just how many journos are on the payroll of this **** Beckham?? disgusting!!!

mat said:
BrianW said:
What's the argument for picking him? That he used to be a good footballer? So did Sir Tom Finney. Tom too old? So is Beckham.

Ticket sales from gullible celebrity obsessed tanarexics and sells more media faff around the games making Seb and Boris more cash. i'm sure the BBC will now make an arse licking documentary on his "Suffering" broadcast on Christmas day as a form of apology.

No wonder this country never wins fuck all in national tournaments!!

We'd rather sell an extra 2-3,000 tickets then aim for the main prize!!

Poor decision not to include him really.

5-6 of these players aren't going to play anyway, so already they could have included him.

The amount of work that he did to bring the olympics to London was great. If it wasn't for the corruption regarding the world cup we would have got more votes too.

People need to take off their City Specs really. If he had played for City I'm sure people would want him in the squad.

He attracts big crowds and tourists, bringing more money into the economy. Whether he plays or not the shirt sales would have been insane.

Who wants to travel 12,000 miles to see a no neck criminal and a yogaman adulterer? I know many stupid women would travel for Beckham. You only have to look at the away crowds and home of LA Galaxy

Pearce again shows he's a plum

the **** looks like he's having a fag, don't he!

beckham_1539571a.jpg

Crouchinho said:
Poor decision not to include him really.

5-6 of these players aren't going to play anyway, so already they could have included him.

The amount of work that he did to bring the olympics to London was great. If it wasn't for the corruption regarding the world cup we would have got more votes too.

People need to take off their City Specs really. If he had played for City I'm sure people would want him in the squad.

He attracts big crowds and tourists, bringing more money into the economy. Whether he plays or not the shirt sales would have been insane.

Who wants to travel 12,000 miles to see a no neck criminal and a yogaman adulterer? I know many stupid women would travel for Beckham. You only have to look at the away crowds and home of LA Galaxy

Pearce again shows he's a plum

Question: Is he currently one of the 3 best British footballers over the age of 23? If the answers no, then there's no point debating it any further.

And its shouldn't be about how much work he did to get the Olympics to London, crowd attraction, money he'll bring, etc. It should be a footballing decision, based on how well he is playing. That should be the only factor considered. IMO Beckham is not one of the 3 best overage players, therefore he shouldn't have been picked. Nothing to do with me being a City fan. Any other external reason, just undermines the whole thing, and sends out completely the wrong messages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.