Beckham

Prophet of Doom said:
The Fixer said:
Just like to point out the commercial side, becham may well interest our owners he made real an estimated $300-600 million dollars per year now i know our owners are rich but they dont throw money away and if an opportunity presents itself i'm sure they would consider it. He is still highly marketable and would raise our profile and he's not a bad player.

Bullshit !!!

Real's total turnover is Euro's 350m a year and went up the last financial year when he wasnt even at the club !

Yet another pointless thread.

Is there anybody on this site that is aged over 13 !!??

I stand to be corrected, it was over a 4 year period not per year. No need to be a smart arse with the 13 year old comment!! Genuine mistake.

most stupid suggestion ever.

seriously. beckham? he's old, slow, unable to play 90 minutes, a cockney rag, one footed and thats just to name a few

Prophet of Doom said:
The Fixer said:
Just like to point out the commercial side, becham may well interest our owners he made real an estimated $300-600 million dollars per year now i know our owners are rich but they dont throw money away and if an opportunity presents itself i'm sure they would consider it. He is still highly marketable and would raise our profile and he's not a bad player.

Bullshit !!!

Real's total turnover is Euro's 350m a year and went up the last financial year when he wasnt even at the club !

Yet another pointless thread.

Is there anybody on this site that is aged over 13 !!??

I wouldn't take this out on The Fixer, he simply posted what SSN said yesterday, while it is highly doubtful the figures are correct, he only mentioned their story, no real reason to take a hissy fit.

The Fixer said:

He's well past it and not suited to the premiership anymore. Honestly the American league he plays in is so bleeding bad Darren Huckerby (remember how bad he was) last time i watched some MLS was a major star there. Thats not even championship level as far as i'm concerned thats old division 3 quality football.

As for playing for AC millan, what exactly did they do last year. Get knocked out of the champions league and then the UEFA cup before we did. Then you have to take into account that Seria A is really bleeding slow league that's how they can get away with playing 40 year old defenders in there team (Maldini).

Signing Beckham to me would be the equivalent of keeping Didi Hamman on as a player. Its completely the wrong thing to do, for the player and for us. Best we could offer Beckham if we are realistically trying to get in to the top 6 is a bit part role. As a sub or brought on if we're in the shit and we need a body to throw on.

Challenger1978 said:
The Fixer said:

He's well past it and not suited to the premiership anymore. Honestly the American league he plays in is so bleeding bad Darren Huckerby (remember how bad he was) last time i watched some MLS was a major star there. Thats not even championship level as far as i'm concerned thats old division 3 quality football.

As for playing for AC millan, what exactly did they do last year. Get knocked out of the champions league and then the UEFA cup before we did. Then you have to take into account that Seria A is really bleeding slow league that's how they can get away with playing 40 year old defenders in there team (Maldini).

Signing Beckham to me would be the equivalent of keeping Didi Hamman on as a player. Its completely the wrong thing to do, for the player and for us. Best we could offer Beckham if we are realistically trying to get in to the top 6 is a bit part role. As a sub or brought on if we're in the shit and we need a body to throw on.

How are we bigger than AC Milan and England national team? Since due to the fact that he is an important player (even in his short time at Milan) in those teams, then I see no reason why he can not do well in a much smaller standing team. Comparing Beckham to Hamman, for me lost you any credibility your post may have had.

As as for what Milan done last year, finishing 3rd (Juventus finished 2nd as having better goal difference). Saying Milan didn't do well last season in UEFA Cup and getting knocked out of Champions League before that (even though Milan weren't in it, they finished 5th the year before, so don't see how they were knocked out of something they weren't a part of), but even if your rationality was right in this, that would be like saying "No, I didn't want Kaka, what did Milan do last season (outside of finishing 3rd)".

Some people here need to see things without an anti rags agenda.

The InvisiBLUE Man said:
ffs, i've just had a thought; why don't we go for barry f**kin chuckle while we're at it...?

:-) and dig up matt busby! We take their best player in tevez and thats IT, ffs indeed!!!

Timbobs said:
Challenger1978 said:
The Fixer said:

How are we bigger than AC Milan and England national team? Since due to the fact that he is an important player (even in his short time at Milan) in those teams, then I see no reason why he can not do well in a much smaller standing team. Comparing Beckham to Hamman, for me lost you any credibility your post may have had.

As as for what Milan done last year, finishing 3rd (Juventus finished 2nd as having better goal difference). Saying Milan didn't do well last season in UEFA Cup and getting knocked out of Champions League before that (even though Milan weren't in it, they finished 5th the year before, so don't see how they were knocked out of something they weren't a part of), but even if your rationality was right in this, that would be like saying "No, I didn't want Kaka, what did Milan do last season (outside of finishing 3rd)".

Some people here need to see things without an anti rags agenda.

I think that you may find people on here "without an anti-rags agenda" a bit thin on the ground here mate.
Seeing as this is a Manchester City website and everyone on here loathes the bastards with a passion.
Personally,being a rag reject is not the reason I don't want this clown at Eastlands.
The facts that he is past his sell-by date,is too old and is a prat are more important.

jimMCFC said:
Anyone else think he'd be a good signing, not as like a full time player, im talkin maybe a cup run or something. His ability to nail the ball in the box is second to none and it would be a good business move by adug. His family have said they would like to return to manchester but i wonder that his loyalty to the rags might make this improbable, but he would bring experience and definately a Marquee'ish signing.

jim

we could dig up sir stanley as well and also dig up the lion of vienna (nat lofthouse) to get on the end of the crosses

we could get all the oldest players in football and rebuild the team every two months i think its a plan. ffs

The thing is, Beckham's game was never based upon pace, it was based upon the ability to pass. Watching him for England, and for Milan, he can still do this.

It's obvious that we seem to be bringing players who are moving us towards the 4-3-3 with wingers that Barca use, and the rags used the season before last. We also have the ability to switch to a 5 man mid, and play the 4-5-1 for midfield battles. This however, didn't work away from home, and may have contributed towards our bad away form, but it is still an option.

Becks would give us an option to move to a traditional 4-4-2. Barry isn't a box to box player, despite what he may think, so wouldn't be needed. De Jong could shore up the back, while Ireland could be the forward man. Sweep is an attacking winger, as is Weiss. Left Backs expect to get charged at by us, Beckham would draw them out a bit. This would also help out Micah when he goes on his headless chicken runs forward, as he is slow to get back, Beckham could work as a guard, like he did with Neville at the rags.

Becks would give us an extra dimension, and if we do sign a big frontman in the Eto'o, RSC, Crouch role, it would work brilliantly for us against the likes of Burnley, who will stick 11 men behind the ball. When this happened last season at Stoke away, it was embarrassing how little chances we created.

In addition to this, it heightens the Man City brand, and the owners would have signed themselves a legitimate star in marketing terms.

Beckham would be back in a city where he still owns a house, and his family live. He would also be playing at the top level of English football, at the same club as several other England internationals. This would negate any argument against him for a callup, and Capello would happily pick him. I think he probably has his eye on the all time caps now, and I think he is about 10 off, if I recall correctly.

This move would make sense for everybody concerned, in both footballing and business terms.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.