Beckham

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Timbobs said:
Challenger1978 said:
The Fixer said:
Just like to point out the commercial side, becham may well interest our owners he made real an estimated $300-600 million dollars per year now i know our owners are rich but they dont throw money away and if an opportunity presents itself i'm sure they would consider it. He is still highly marketable and would raise our profile and he's not a bad player.

He's well past it and not suited to the premiership anymore. Honestly the American league he plays in is so bleeding bad Darren Huckerby (remember how bad he was) last time i watched some MLS was a major star there. Thats not even championship level as far as i'm concerned thats old division 3 quality football.

As for playing for AC millan, what exactly did they do last year. Get knocked out of the champions league and then the UEFA cup before we did. Then you have to take into account that Seria A is really bleeding slow league that's how they can get away with playing 40 year old defenders in there team (Maldini).

Signing Beckham to me would be the equivalent of keeping Didi Hamman on as a player. Its completely the wrong thing to do, for the player and for us. Best we could offer Beckham if we are realistically trying to get in to the top 6 is a bit part role. As a sub or brought on if we're in the shit and we need a body to throw on.

How are we bigger than AC Milan and England national team? Since due to the fact that he is an important player (even in his short time at Milan) in those teams, then I see no reason why he can not do well in a much smaller standing team. Comparing Beckham to Hamman, for me lost you any credibility your post may have had.

As as for what Milan done last year, finishing 3rd (Juventus finished 2nd as having better goal difference). Saying Milan didn't do well last season in UEFA Cup and getting knocked out of Champions League before that (even though Milan weren't in it, they finished 5th the year before, so don't see how they were knocked out of something they weren't a part of), but even if your rationality was right in this, that would be like saying "No, I didn't want Kaka, what did Milan do last season (outside of finishing 3rd)".

Some people here need to see things without an anti rags agenda.

I think that you may find people on here "without an anti-rags agenda" a bit thin on the ground here mate.
Seeing as this is a Manchester City website and everyone on here loathes the bastards with a passion.
Personally,being a rag reject is not the reason I don't want this clown at Eastlands.
The facts that he is past his sell-by date,is too old and is a prat are more important.
pmsl

Put a full back 2 feet infront of Beckham and he's got nothing, he'll never go round them he'll freeze, then it's either a safe sideways pass or he'll stand there and wait for the full back to bail him out with over lapping runs......I'm sure Steven Gerrard or Lampard could stand on the right hand side of midfield and ping long balls, they don't because they've got more about them. Beckham showed his level when he signed for LA Galaxy, and got very lucky that AC Milan are skint and needed his shirt sales. He had a good game against Andorra.....again, he found his level. I'm amazed by how many people are taken in by the Beckham myth. I couldn't care less if he played for the rags or not. Scholes was the best midfielder in the country for years and he's a rag. Beckham once was a brilliant player but realistically hasn't been able to cut it for the past 3 years or so.

Damocles said:
The thing is, Beckham's game was never based upon pace, it was based upon the ability to pass. Watching him for England, and for Milan, he can still do this.

It's obvious that we seem to be bringing players who are moving us towards the 4-3-3 with wingers that Barca use, and the rags used the season before last. We also have the ability to switch to a 5 man mid, and play the 4-5-1 for midfield battles. This however, didn't work away from home, and may have contributed towards our bad away form, but it is still an option.

Becks would give us an option to move to a traditional 4-4-2. Barry isn't a box to box player, despite what he may think, so wouldn't be needed. De Jong could shore up the back, while Ireland could be the forward man. Sweep is an attacking winger, as is Weiss. Left Backs expect to get charged at by us, Beckham would draw them out a bit. This would also help out Micah when he goes on his headless chicken runs forward, as he is slow to get back, Beckham could work as a guard, like he did with Neville at the rags.

Becks would give us an extra dimension, and if we do sign a big frontman in the Eto'o, RSC, Crouch role, it would work brilliantly for us against the likes of Burnley, who will stick 11 men behind the ball. When this happened last season at Stoke away, it was embarrassing how little chances we created.

In addition to this, it heightens the Man City brand, and the owners would have signed themselves a legitimate star in marketing terms.

Beckham would be back in a city where he still owns a house, and his family live. He would also be playing at the top level of English football, at the same club as several other England internationals. This would negate any argument against him for a callup, and Capello would happily pick him. I think he probably has his eye on the all time caps now, and I think he is about 10 off, if I recall correctly.

This move would make sense for everybody concerned, in both footballing and business terms.

Even if we were interested ( which we wouldnt be ), he would not sign for us.

If you have any doubt, please refer back to all the interviews he has ever given about his love for the rags.

he is also a southern rag loving bastard no way do i want him in our city let alone at our club , I hate the prick with a passion, dont forget he was trying to persuade kaka not to come to us with his only one team in manchester comment , **** does not adequately describe him.

borninm14 said:
he is also a southern rag loving bastard no way do i want him in our city let alone at our club , I hate the prick with a passion, dont forget he was trying to persuade kaka not to come to us with his only one team in manchester comment , **** does not adequately describe him.

Agreed mate, im my previous post I didn't touch on him as a person but there's no doubt he's a class A c***

He rivals Rio for the title of 'quickest on the scene to celebrate a team mates goal.' He's always there to get his mug in the papers.

Several times it was Beckham who missed a crucial penalty for England, after the first miss you'd say ok give someone else a chance, not Becks he wants the headlines too much.

'There's only one team in Manchester and that's not City' yeah, well done you cockney muppet. He wasn't making jokes when Taggart hit him in the face with that boot!

The man makes my bloody boil...........and to think I was in a nice chilled out mood when I woke up this morning!

Timbobs said:
Challenger1978 said:
The Fixer said:
Just like to point out the commercial side, becham may well interest our owners he made real an estimated $300-600 million dollars per year now i know our owners are rich but they dont throw money away and if an opportunity presents itself i'm sure they would consider it. He is still highly marketable and would raise our profile and he's not a bad player.

He's well past it and not suited to the premiership anymore. Honestly the American league he plays in is so bleeding bad Darren Huckerby (remember how bad he was) last time i watched some MLS was a major star there. Thats not even championship level as far as i'm concerned thats old division 3 quality football.

As for playing for AC millan, what exactly did they do last year. Get knocked out of the champions league and then the UEFA cup before we did. Then you have to take into account that Seria A is really bleeding slow league that's how they can get away with playing 40 year old defenders in there team (Maldini).

Signing Beckham to me would be the equivalent of keeping Didi Hamman on as a player. Its completely the wrong thing to do, for the player and for us. Best we could offer Beckham if we are realistically trying to get in to the top 6 is a bit part role. As a sub or brought on if we're in the shit and we need a body to throw on.

How are we bigger than AC Milan and England national team? Since due to the fact that he is an important player (even in his short time at Milan) in those teams, then I see no reason why he can not do well in a much smaller standing team. Comparing Beckham to Hamman, for me lost you any credibility your post may have had.
As as for what Milan done last year, finishing 3rd (Juventus finished 2nd as having better goal difference). Saying Milan didn't do well last season in UEFA Cup and getting knocked out of Champions League before that (even though Milan weren't in it, they finished 5th the year before, so don't see how they were knocked out of something they weren't a part of), but even if your rationality was right in this, that would be like saying "No, I didn't want Kaka, what did Milan do last season (outside of finishing 3rd)".

Some people here need to see things without an anti rags agenda.

How so, both were great players in there day, but well past there prime now.

Also what the fuck has standing got to do with anything we're talking football here not bleeding status. What exactly would Beckham offer city as a player ?, come on tell me. Can he run fast ?, can he tackle ?, does he track back ?, can he use his head ?, Has he got lots of stamina ?, can he use his left foot at all ?, can he hold the ball up ?, has he got dazzling foot work ?. I think you'll find the answers to all those questions are no.

The guy can pass the ball brilliantly, but that's it he's a one trick pony. We could go of and buy someone that's not as good a passer of the ball but could offer a hell of a lot more to the team. Also here's a another question for you who do you drop to play Beckham ?, come on smart arse tell me.

Beckham is a true professional you idiots...he wouldn't fit in at city but id take him any day as a squad player...how can people say hes sh1t....have you seem them dead balls and free kicks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.