Becoming a referee

oneloveonecity

anyone had any experience as one for sunday league? just thinking of going into it as a part time job to get some extra cash..

I ref kids football on Saturday mornings. I'm 17 so for me the pay is great, and I don't mind doing it at all because it's basically watching football with a bit of pressure on you. I don't tend to get much grief either, although it is kids and in my humble opinion I'm the best ref I know

FeedTheGoat10 said:
I ref kids football on Saturday mornings. I'm 17 so for me the pay is great, and I don't mind doing it at all because it's basically watching football with a bit of pressure on you. I don't tend to get much grief either, although it is kids and in my humble opinion I'm the best ref I know

how much is the training course? I've been interested in this for a while now.

also what are the times like? I have an ST and wouldn't want to miss city games

Can't remember, think it was around £140 including your kit, and you get a certain amount back when you've reffed six matches.

As for times, my matches finish at about 12 so I have plenty of time. When City have early kick offs you sometimes get a manager asking if the match can be kicked off earlier too because a few on the team are wanting to go. Leagues won't mind if you miss a match to watch City every now and then anyway.

i've been reffing for 2 years now, was very easy to get qualified (in newcastle)

speak to peter roberts at manchester fa if you're in manc and he'll tell you available courses etc

mine cost 15 quid which is the yearly registration fee and you get £30 after you've done your first 6 games

i currently do 1/2/3 games a weekend around city games as well as midweek 5 and 7 a side a probably earn an extra £1000 or so a year so very much worth it, if you can take the abuse

pm me for any info mate

onelove said:
ye im 17 too so the pay would be good for me! how longs the training course?

you can either get classroom courses over the course of a few months or practical courses over in 2 days.

that was the case in newcastle, i imagine it'll be similar here!

google the manchester/cheshire/lancashire fa websites and look on their referee sections to see if they have anything to say

eshiers1 said:
onelove said:

you can either get classroom courses over the course of a few months or practical courses over in 2 days.

that was the case in newcastle, i imagine it'll be similar here!

google the manchester/cheshire/lancashire fa websites and look on their referee sections to see if they have anything to say

cheers mate!

onelove said:
My son did the 2 day course at the lancs fa headquarters in Leyland. The course cost £90. He is 16 at the moment and has refereed age groups from u7s-u15s. He has also refereed one open aged game. He has had no greif so far, not even in the open age. He has earned about £160 so far and seems to enjoy it. The money is dependent on the age group you referee. Under 11s is around £15 in lancs fa games. 11 aside games pay around £25 per game.
Good luck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.