Becoming an author..

Cityisland

Hi all,

After some advice. Ive wriiten a couple of childrens books and was wondering if anyone on here has managed to have their work published.

Anyone know the best route to present my efforts?

Hi all,

After some advice. Ive wriiten a couple of childrens books and was wondering if anyone on here has managed to have their work published.

Have you let kids read them?

My kids.. though they may be biased.

I would maybe let their pals read them too. Getting feedback from what your target audience is, will help you perhaps alter certain aspects and this is better done before you even think about submitting?

It is an issue with people who love you. They are rarely critical. If you have relatives with kids ask them to read them but don’t tell them you wrote it. They will be less inclined to tell you what they think you want to hear.

Children’s books, the best of them
are able to engage the parents too. Ask friends with kids what they think too, but again, the same caution needs to be applied.

Good luck

Hi all,

Is self-publication an option, or are costs prohibitive? Not really in a position to offer any pertinent advice unfortunately, but good luck with it mate.

Hi all,

No Idea I'm afraid pal but always wanted to do this myself, unfortunately I have zero imagination and although I'm well read, my spelling and grammar leave a lot to be desired.

Best of luck, if you can crack it can I have some free copies ;-)
That Julia Donaldson is amazing!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.