Beehive, St Crispins, The Clarance, Parkside...

It was The Osbourne a proper pub in my view.
The landlord who was a bit of a boy made some badges for the last ever game v Saints, still got 1 somewhere.
I remember some black guy about 9foot charging me a £2 to get in one game as I am only 6 foot I paid him, about half an hour later I was having a pee and he barged past me in the loo, I thought oh s**t here it comes but he was only flushing his stash before 2 coppers nicked him.
Quality days in the Ozzer.

mammutly said:
failsworthblueboy said:
mr t said:
mammutly said:
Beehive, sometimes the Claremount.

The pubs around COMS are shite in comparison.
That's so true.

I've got family from Rusholme the Gardeners, Osbourne, Lord Nelson and Sherwood are all closed down now.

Hard times for pubs and I suppose not having the football ground must have hit them as well.

Going to Rusholme to stock up on spices and for a curry on Saturday. Be interesting to have a bit of a drive around.

Everything's gone now. Drove past the Gardeners and Osborne the other day... Gardeners now a block of flats and the Osbourne all boarded up.

Happy memories of both pubs, after every game, on the street drinking.

But it was the Beehive before the game and then Osborne after... then a walk to town, curry, the bus... then the toilet bar on Oxford Road or Lass o'Gowrie.

Fuck, i miss those days so much. It's nothing in comparison nowadays.

Didsbury Dave said:
BOMBER7967 said:
Always the Gardeners for me and the boys. Sometimes stayed for the "Entertainment" on a Saturday evening, Misty Blue was on nearly every week and was bobbins but would love a pub like it near COMS!

The Gardeners was the thinking Blue's pub.

Always had a contingient of the Manchester music scene mafia in there: Rob Gretton, Mike Pickering, Paul Gallagher, The Doves etc.

And, has been said on here before, the world's ugliest barmaid.

Having just read what you've said... I'm surprised you and 1 Barry Conlon don't have so much more in common than you think!

YOU know what I mean 1BC!!!

Soulboy said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BOMBER7967 said:
Always the Gardeners for me and the boys. Sometimes stayed for the "Entertainment" on a Saturday evening, Misty Blue was on nearly every week and was bobbins but would love a pub like it near COMS!

The Gardeners was the thinking Blue's pub.

Always had a contingient of the Manchester music scene mafia in there: Rob Gretton, Mike Pickering, Paul Gallagher, The Doves etc.

And, has been said on here before, the world's ugliest barmaid.

Having just read what you've said... I'm surprised you and 1 Barry Conlon don't have so much more in common than you think!

YOU know what I mean 1BC!!!

Aha. Barry's obviously going out with that barmaid.

the parkside as a spotty youth and as maturity set in the gardeners but " the thinking blues pub" ???? not sure bout that :-))

had stages/seasons in them all, but for the final 5 years it was the Sherwood and lord lion then down to the Thirsty Scholar then around town.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.