Beehive, St Crispins, The Clarance, Parkside...

The Albert.

Characters I remember:
Some cheery bloke with a tight curly mop who also brought his son or daughter along.
A handy looking middle aged chap with a bit of jaw-jut. Exposed his rather impressive length once too!
The scally tout with the Berghaus. Looked a bit withdrawn like Ian Brown....his hair was similar to King Monkey's too. Never seemed to have a group of mates, just flitted between folks. He scared me!

For years was the City Social Club, when that went was always The Beehive before the game, then The Albert after, walk into town via Whitworth, Jabez Clegg and The Lass.
Happy days, and yes, most of the pubs around COMS are crap.

Parkside/The Clarance before the game - Claremount/The Clarance after the game. Once I moved to Ireland went to the St Crispins a few times but generally the same old haunts.

must have been the only one who went in the big western then. or the little alex. then maybe a last one in the claremont. not far to walk home as i lived on brentwood street at the time.

black mamba said:
Click on price/availability on the left and look at the names they're callin' em'!
The Hinchcliffe??????? Fucking hell. There must be at least 100 other names they could have used before they got to Andy!!!

I wondered how the hell Andy hinchliffle got in there, too.

Bell, Summerbee, lee and Hinchliffe.

City's famous four

Ghost in my house said:
The Albert.

Characters I remember:
Some cheery bloke with a tight curly mop who also brought his son or daughter along.
A handy looking middle aged chap with a bit of jaw-jut. Exposed his rather impressive length once too!
The scally tout with the Berghaus. Looked a bit withdrawn like Ian Brown....his hair was similar to King Monkey's too. Never seemed to have a group of mates, just flitted between folks. He scared me!

Do you mean Daffy - did he always wear shorts in summer. He was a good lad Daffy - he new everyone and everyone new him but he did keep his own council.

Dubai Blue said:
black mamba said:
Click on price/availability on the left and look at the names they're callin' em'!
The Hinchcliffe??????? Fucking hell. There must be at least 100 other names they could have used before they got to Andy!!!
The Hinchcliffe? He couldn't fcuking afford one!
£230,000 are they having a fcuking LAUGH?!

Citytillidie69 said:
Ghost in my house said:
The Albert.

Characters I remember:

Do you mean Daffy - did he always wear shorts in summer. He was a good lad Daffy - he new everyone and everyone new him but he did keep his own council.

Not seen him for years.
Used to see him doin tickets at concerts but not even seen him doin that for a few years.
Always had a good story to tell though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.