Been offered a ticket for the Derby

Take it mate. Unless you're in the Stretford End it's a doddle. Done it a couple of times, once with my Dad in 1985 (I think) 2-2 when we were 2-0 down. Loads of verbal but Blues all around went up when Arthur Albiston fucked up and scored for us and ultimately no mither. Did it last year on a 'corporate' in the South Stand. One of the best days of my life and we certainly didn't sit on our hands.

One of my other favourite away derbies was the 10 man, Curle penalty 1-1 game. I was below K-Stand that day but there were around 100 City heroes in the Stretford End paddock and who can forget the lad who ran the length of the pitch to jump on Curle and then jump in with us. Genius.

I was in the same predicament and only last night after the game, I text my brother to tell him I would not be taking him up on the offer of the 2 tickets in the Rag end. Flights I had paid for etc.........don't think i would have the stomach for it and thankfully will avoid the rag cretins on the way home too.

My dad went to both City and United as a kid - but for a long time his loyalties lay as a City fan - but when my brother was about 6/7 wanted to go to the swamp - and my dad got them both season tickets. My sister ( who is 7 years younger than me ) is a die hard rag - started giving my brother sh!te as he wasn't bothered anymore - so she took up the ticket - that was in the late eighties. Even though their season tickets are in the Stretford end - all the people round them know my dad as 'the blue nose' which is fine as they know him and they he knows them- but a few years ago - when I didn't have a ticket for the away end - I was sat with my sister who kept telling all and f'in sundry that I was a blue. It really is the hardest thing in the world to keep quiet when City score - and even harder to pretend that you are 'happy' that they have scored. (all i did was stand up - my hands did not connect)

Did hospitality a few years after that - taken on a jolly through work - but to be honest - even though they are paying for you to have a few cheeky beers - and feeding you decent grub (can't complain as it was ok really....) would much rather be sat with the City fans!

Take it.
take the piss.
take the beating.

Ok just take the ticket and see what happens
could be good, brightwell 25 yarder for a 1-1
or bad, kanchelskis rips us to bits and its 5-0
they were my experiences with the swamp dwellers.

Dont do it. It'll make you ill. When we win you can't celebrate and if you do your out, and if by luck they win you'll feel sick
stood amongst that shite.
Been there done that. Its not good.

Wouldn't do it myself, but understand why you would. Go for it.

Stevinio said:
Take it. I sat in the rag end last year and had loads of fun slagging the rag players off, especially Giggs. It was great joining in booing them off the pitch.

Heh heh.

ive been asked to go in the trafford before the derby by a red mate, he said hes took blues in there before and its just banter in there

dont think i could stand being in a pub with the twats abusing city, plus i would say something and get battered

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.