Beer off the bus before Birmingham

jrb said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
hahaha and I wonder what the drinking laws are in Libya?

Just seems so sad anyway that being able to " have a drink" on a coach is that essential.

It's not essential. But it should be a human right. There is no reason why football fans(people) shouldn't be allowed to have a drink on a coach in this day and age.

Human rights... I love that.

I would guess a lot of trouble from football fans is caused,or believed to be caused, by drinking and often drinking to excess so it seems common sense to stop the drinking( not that you can) and maybe some of the nonsense and violence might be stopped as well.

I am sure all the posters on here are sensible drinkers and would never drink to excess and as a result lose a little control but sadly we see plenty of cases where that is not the case. Blame them for this situation.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
jrb said:
It's not essential. But it should be a human right. There is no reason why football fans(people) shouldn't be allowed to have a drink on a coach in this day and age.

Human rights... I love that.

I would guess a lot of trouble from football fans is caused,or believed to be caused, by drinking and often drinking to excess so it seems common sense to stop the drinking( not that you can) and maybe some of the nonsense and violence might be stopped as well.

I am sure all the posters on here are sensible drinkers and would never drink to excess and as a result lose a little control but sadly we see plenty of cases where that is not the case. Blame them for this situation.

That still doesn't warrant a continued ban on drinking on coaches. Long gone are the days when fans would turn up off a coach pissed up. The mind set has changed. Obviously that mindset hasn't changed with the people running football and the country. There's nothing like being labeled something you're not, just because you're a football fan.

Are all MP's thieves and crooks? If so, stop all their perks. Not a chance.

been told any alocohol in cans and bottles will be confiscated.and bus will told to turn round

the more i drink on the coach the more time's it will have to stop for me to have a piss . Vimto bottle and red wine . . . . . 1.5litre's ?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Is 5/ 6 hours before the game not enough drinking time bearing in mind most coaches etc will be setting off at 7-8 and getting there for 11-12?

I don't get the constant need to drink from silly o'clock in the morning.

Everyone is different.

Been to the rugby league final loads of times if you go on an official coach they don't let you drink so we just filled pop bottles up with alcopops but when we went on our own mini bus we drank all the way down there

Only had trouble from the police once when we parked in Watford and got the train they searched us and took our drink off us

IMHO I don't really agree with the policing of this! However do you all remember the issues in Manchester when rangers took over a few years ago in uefa cup final! Very messy! Is this a strong enough argument for these rules?? Quite possibly yes when you consider the amount of people heading down there for the weekend from the north! Thoughts please?

Is it really a necessity to drink all the way down? As others have pointed out, most coaches will be getting there a good 3-4 hours before kick off which is plenty of time.

I don't drink at football so maybe it's that non-drinker in me coming out, but it really isn't a requirement to get as completely arseholed as possible as early as possible. We're all there to enjoy the day (and hopefully a win) as much as possible and if that involves drink then fine, but don't go kicking up a fuss if they confiscate it off you on a coach.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.