Before, during and after the 1981 FA Cup Final & Replay?

mancunial said:
i remember getting there and seeing a crew of them walking towards us with clockwork orange white overalls on with things wrote on and actually with the star of david drawn on as well? they really were total thugs that day (1st game) after the game they surrounded our minibus and just harrassed anyone they saw in blue, they did not desreve to be celebrating after the second game because they are the biggest shithouse set of fans i have ever come across, who weren,t even interested in the final, never had any time for them and their team since, i was proud to be at wembley they were just there to spoil it? that club left a bad taste in my mouth something i won,t forget? i remember big joe corrigan going in to there dressing room to congratulate spurs on their so called victory and they just totally blanked joe? city got no recognition for that final and the commentator on bbc that night was a total tosser who had a real bad attitude towards gerry gow, and yes we did see the greatest fa cup final goal ever scored, well done steve mckenzie? we missed out in the 1st game i always thought it was probably our chance to move the club forward, and we all know what happened two seasons later?
yes saw a load of them with the butchers coats on with all sorts of writing on ,just said someones spewed up all over your coat mate

As far as i remember Spurs fan got stabbed after match and the ambulance couldn't get in to help him out because of the amount of coaches wasn't nice but Spurs had been giving it to anyone who COULDN'T look after themselves.

What i do remember though is Thurs night replay on the coach the driver refused to do a piss stop so it was a case of filling bottles anyway this tosser in some suped up car roof down with spurs flag kept driving past the coach on the moterway giving it large V signs and all that unfortunately for him after a couple of miles just as we were coming of the motorway the traffic came to a stand still and he was stuck right next to our coach door the BLACK BIN LINER we were using to collect empty cans in got emptied so did the bottles of piss into the bin liner opened the door and emptied the bin liner and i am not lying when i say it was about a quater full of piss that is a lot of piss all over this guy in the car it is still one of the funniest things i have ever seen his fuckin face was a picture happy days.

A lot of trouble in the City end on the Thursday ,remember watching a spurs fan being flung from the second tier early in the second half.

tonytowers said:
thursday was the worst for the trouble.after the game a copper was getting a beating of spuds fans in the car park when some city fans steamed in to rescue him,this story made the papers and the guy who was getting the beating came up to maine rd for the 1st game of the next season,west brom i think,to meet up with his saviours.

I remember that very well. I knew one of the lads who saved the copper. I thought he was making it up and then it was in the paper the next night.<br /><br />-- Sun May 02, 2010 12:18 am --<br /><br />
mrt4919 said:
A lot of trouble in the City end on the Thursday ,remember watching a spurs fan being flung from the second tier early in the second half.

Saw this as well. He stood up on the wall just in front of us and a load of blues rushed at him and he went flying. His own fault for coming up on the wall.

robsta said:
Saw this as well. He stood up on the wall just in front of us and a load of blues rushed at him and he went flying. His own fault for coming up on the wall.

Quite right too, the dirty bastard... was he mumbling summat bout Garth Crooks..?

Wreckless Alec said:
I was at university in the middle of finals so I could go on the Saturday but not on the Thursday as I had exams both Thursday and Friday. We absolutely p*ssed on them on the saturday. So poor was he that Ricky Villa was given the hook and walked round the pitch looking a dejected man. In typical City fashion Tommy Hutch then deflected an innocuous free kick into his own net late in the game and somehow Spurs got away with it. It was the first final replay at wembley and theefore a home game for them and it was clear the game was up. The rest is history but I believe that was the occasion when the phrase "typical City" was born. 30 bloody years !

Oh Steve McKenzie hitting that bastard post with what 15 mins to go!!!!! Ah well.

Hate spurss with a passion.Lots of bad history with them including the fa cup quarter final when as i remember two city fans were stabbed and i got a glass on my head outside the sherwood.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.