Before we play Leeds away on the 28th December.

Odd to think that if Utd had won the derby, they'd be on level points with us now.

Yes, I know we thrashed them, but it's still a slightly disturbing thought (to me, anyway).

We could be 8pts behind Arsenal,3rd in the table and only 3 pts in front of the rags.
On the other hand.......& I still wonder at that end of season.... we were 8 points behind the most successfull club of the previous 20 years with 6 games to go and won it with 35 seconds left on the clock. Bootifull.

Last edited:
Erling might well be injured after his loan spell at Ashton United as well……A brilliant approach from Ashton.

Non-League Ashton United claim to have made a cheeky bid to sign Erling Haaland on loan from neighbours Manchester City during the World Cup.

With top-flight football taking a break for the global showpiece in Qatar, Haaland will be out of action in the coming weeks as his home country, Norway, failed to qualify.

Ashton, of the Northern Premier League Premier Division, English football’s seventh tier, believe they can offer the formidable striker the perfect solution to help him maintain his match fitness.
“It just makes sense,” Robins manager Michael Clegg told ashtonunited.co.uk. "City aren’t playing, and we want to help by keeping Erling fit.

"It makes more sense than him playing golf for six weeks. We think he will be a great fit for us and would slot in with our squad dynamic really well.”

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/20...shton-united-make-cheeky-loan-bid-for-haaland
They would have been better off asking him to buy them right?

Yeah but the greatest joy only comes after you’ve endured the worst pain.

How many people got a bigger buzz from hearing we’d won the league in the 100 point season after someone got beat. Can’t even remember who now. Or seeing Aguero score in the 94th minute?
The joy of watching Jesus score in the last minute to get 100 points after a match where it never looked like happening was way enough excitement for me. I think my heart has suffered enough stress through City through the years.

You are right but I’d much rather we had it in our hands before the match and didn’t have to rely on another team failing for us to win it!

The joy of watching Jesus score in the last minute to get 100 points after a match where it never looked like happening was way enough excitement for me. I think my heart has suffered enough stress through City through the years.

You are right but I’d much rather we had it in our hands before the match and didn’t have to rely on another team failing for us to win it!

There’s only one thing that can ever beat the QPR game.

We go into the final game three points and -4 GD behind Liverpool. They’re drawing 0-0 but aren’t overly concerned because we’re only 1-0 up in the rearranged derby against a resolute United defence.

We score a 90th minute second which doesn’t seem to be too important. Suddenly news comes through that already relegated Brentford have taken the lead at Anfield. The atmosphere changes and then Haaland fires in a 97th minute screamer from 40 yards and City win the league on more goals scored.

I suppose coming from 2-0 down is kind of a miracle but in all of our last game title wins, we started the day knowing a win would guarantee us the title. I want to really test the ticker and win one where we start the day behind.
I agree it makes you feel alive. We need a T shirt with "City fan living on the edge"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.