Beijing meet up

york away to this! said:
you wouldn't get me on that trip for all the tea in.... errrr, ahhh, hangonaminute!

would be a great experience - hope anyone who goes has a wonderful time and absolutely ten out of ten for effort!
Can't be as good as being at Bootham Crescent.

squirtyflower said:
york away to this! said:
you wouldn't get me on that trip for all the tea in.... errrr, ahhh, hangonaminute!

would be a great experience - hope anyone who goes has a wonderful time and absolutely ten out of ten for effort!

...presume the usual 385,000 will sell out tiananmen square?.....

york away to this! said:
squirtyflower said:
york away to this! said:

They reckon you can get over a million people in Tiananmen Square, would that be enough for all those that were there?

squirtyflower said:
york away to this! said:
squirtyflower said:

They reckon you can get over a million people in Tiananmen Square, would that be enough for all those that were there?

...sure would, me ol' china..... (give or take a dozen or so)

Sanlitun is a good location, around 500m from Hooters and the Den at the south end, and around 800 or 900 metres from Paddy O'shea's at the north end. It is pure coincidence that each of the venues mentioned sells draught Guinness...

Anyone looking for accommodation try asiarooms.com, I used them the first couple of times I went to Beijing and they seem reasonably cheap.

The official site is saying tickets are limited at £60 each and have to be sent to a UK address? It also says that there is no other way to obtain the tickets.
There is a Chinese site advertising tickets for this, my stepdaughter has already been in touch with them.

Anyway, I'm on my way on the 21st, arriving in Beijing early on the 22nd and I'll be staying within walking distance of Sanlitun on Dongziemenwei, might just possibly take a stroll down Sanlitun, I'd like to see the look on the manager's face at Paddy O'Shea's if the place was overrun by Blues, he's an Irish Rag!

dxbroy said:
The official site is saying tickets are limited at £60 each and have to be sent to a UK address? It also says that there is no other way to obtain the tickets.
There is a Chinese site advertising tickets for this, my stepdaughter has already been in touch with them.

The Chinese website is tricky to negotiate however they will answer emails within 24 hours. They don't take credit cards so you need to send money thru' your bank to their bank. You can't send Chinese money - it has to be in your currency. Once they receive the funds (2-4 days), they will confirm and issue you a reference number. Upon arrival in Beijing you need to pick up the tix from the Ticket China office at the Workers Stadium - NOT from the Birds Nest stadium! Pain in the ass all round - but that's China.

All the cheap seats have been snapped up by locals. A couple of hundred quid will get you a seat on the sideline, but the 60 quid ticket will put you in a reasonable spot. Ticket China are putting City fans in Bay 149.

See you all there!

Flying in from perth 25th by china southern. stopping at the Park Plaza hotel on Jinbao street. flying to KL sunday 29th for a meet up with the rest of the lads from perth. Suntilun seems to be the place in Beijing

gripper stebson said:
Flying in from perth 25th by china southern. stopping at the Park Plaza hotel on Jinbao street. flying to KL sunday 29th for a meet up with the rest of the lads from perth. Suntilun seems to be the place in Beijing
It seems like a sensible place for a large group to meet up without the Chinese getting too worried

There are about ten or so from the Hong Kong supporters club going. Will try to find out more details about meeting up for beers etc,..

Not going the game in China but will be at the game in KL on the 30th, getting there on the 28th from Manila and will be having a look around...

Anyone know where the tickets from MCFC sit you in the KL game as need to buy it locally and would prefer to be near MCFC supporters..

Looking forward to it as it will be the first live city game I have seen since we lost to Bolton in 2008 as moved to the philippines after that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.