being a blue

• Thread starter Deleted member 13905
  • Start date
Goosebumps watching this again. Went with my dad and his mates. I was 15.

Couple of things I’d forgotten.

1. Despite it technically being an open goal, how calm was Horlock’s finish?!

2. Terry Cooke’s penalty was absolutely perfect.

Got on the great ship, Manchester City, in 1969, as a 7 yr old and saw us win the F A Cup, which was bigger than the league then. Have sailed on her ever since through some murky waters and onwards to the holy grail of 2023. Sailed along with the loyalist crew ever known in football and whilst i fully appreciate everything we're currently achieving i cannot ever forget the ridiculous following the club enjoyed during those dark days.

Went to my first game against Hartlepool in 1976 when Tueart got sent off for nutting an opposition player and fracturing his cheekbone. The nucleus of the squad then of Corrigan, Clements, Donachie, Doyle, Watson, Oakes, Power, Booth, Royle, Hartford, Owen and Barnes went so close to winning the league and I thought up until ‘Sergio’s moment’ that I would never see us win the league. I remember the disappointment of the semi final of the League Cup against Liverpool and the FA Cup defeat against Spurs in 81 like it was yesterday so the current success is even sweeter. Still get worried before a derby and have done since my first one (2-0 win - Henry and Robinson). I’ll never take the success for granted but at the moment it really is great being a blue!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.