Being Treated like schoolkids by UEFA on Wednesday again

Heineken is one of the major sponsors of the CL. So how the frig can they stop clubs selling alcohol in the stadiums? Legally i'm sure that their sponsorship with Heineken would not allow them to do this. Amstel was a major sponsor before this too.

Also don't they allow clubs in other countries seel alcohol. I'm sure i read on here that Copenhagen were seelling cans at their ground and i'm sure everyone will remember that Hamburg/Shalke (can't remember which one) [female] fan who was celebrating and got a full pint of beer right over her head - it was funny as fuck! Is it just in England they don't allow alcohol sales in the ground?

The Fat el Hombre said:
I think City square served beer as normal in the Europa last year, I imagine it's the same for the champs league. Totally agree on your point re serving beer on european nights DD, but not so sure that allowing fans to drink beer whilst watching prem games is do-able to be honest. Too many people who would kick off and spoil it for everyone unfortunately

City Square was closed for Poznan game. It pissed me off no end.

I don't agree about people kicking off. I don't think people will drink more, at the moment you get people chucking two pints down their neck at half time, or standing in the concourse missing the game.

If people want to get drunk at the game they do now anyway. I don't think that rule makes a blind bit of difference. If there's trouble now it's outside the ground in the main anyway.

danburge82 said:
Also don't they allow clubs in other countries seel alcohol. I'm sure i read on here that Copenhagen were seelling cans at their ground and i'm sure everyone will remember that Hamburg/Shalke (can't remember which one) [female] fan who was celebrating and got a full pint of beer right over her head - it was funny as fuck! Is it just in England they don't allow alcohol sales in the ground?

Don't think so. The beer was probably non-alcoholic. I remember when I got to the ground for the quarter final against hamburg and my eyes lit up when I saw people drinking pints, but it was non-alcoholic

danburge82 said:
Heineken is one of the major sponsors of the CL. So how the frig can they stop clubs selling alcohol in the stadiums? Legally i'm sure that their sponsorship with Heineken would not allow them to do this. Amstel was a major sponsor before this too.

If memory serves me well they were selling 'alcohol free' beer in Copenhagen. Whoopee. That said I was a bit too pissed when I got there to remember.

danburge82 said:

At Schalke they were selling beer right outside the turnstiles at the sausage vendors. In the ground they were selling alcohol free lager (which many thought was the real stuff!) So it's all UEFA games.

Didsbury Dave said:
I'm just making plans as usual with my mates and family to meet up for a pint before the Napoli game. Unless it's a special occasion that's what I always do at City. Meet my mates, have a pint, watch the game and go home.

I've just remembered that no alcohol is for sale at these games. Who the fuck do UEFA think they are, patronising paying football fans like this? Football is an entertainment business. If you go to the theatre it's routine to have a drink. If you go to a gig you havea drink. People like it. I like it. I don't get drunk. I don't smash the place up. I don't abuse anyone. I have a pint or two with my mates and enjoy myself.

Are they trying to teach us that we don't need alcohol to have a good time?Assuming we all just fucking lap it up like good little school children? The partonising bastards. Will City Square be open or will the powers that be deem me, the paying customer, to not be worthy of enough trust to have a couple of pints there either?

I can enjoy the game without a beer of course. And I can go to the pub 100 yards away to cheat the system. That's not the point. It's about time UEFA realised that we are paying customers with free choice, not naughty school children.

And while I'm at it, isn't it about time beer was allowed to be drunk in the stands again in the premier league? What a pointless, ridiculous rule. That's our government, not UEFA. And, like with the other Taylor report recommendations, we all just lap it up and feel grateful.

I know City have their hands tied, I'm not blaming them at all. But it's about time football in general started to realise that it is nothing without us paying matchday fans. If we don't turn up their precious TV product will die.

if this is you without i wouldnt like to meet you after youve had a few

You're right though DD
All the wallas in the executive suites will be swilling alcohol
It's just the normal plebs who make up 98% of the stadium that turn into raving lunatics if they get a pint inside the ground

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.