Bell, Lee and Summerbee statue | Unveiled (pg19)

It looks like they are skipping in some West End production. It would have been better facing the stadium than a fence, unless there is to be some open space created in front of it in the future other than the path around it.

It looks like they are skipping in some West End production. It would have been better facing the stadium than a fence, unless there is to be some open space created in front of it in the future other than the path around it.
I liked the statue but agree about the slightly odd location, I thought it would be a little closer to the main entrance. As an aside quite a few of us were standing on the small white wall in front of it to try and get a better photo only to be asked to get off as the wall had been painted that afternoon. Not sure why, when we have an average attendance of 50,000+ and you have unveiled a statue that will obviously be an attraction to most of those, you would paint a wall in front of it.

The Bell and Summerbee statues are superb .. but sorry the Franny one looks nothing like him and even his body shape is totally wrong
Thought the same in pictures but live less so there is definitely a good resemblance For sure that he got Colin and Mike 100%

I'm guessing the idea of having them facing away from the ground is so it's in the background when people take snaps. Just a guess

I liked the statue but agree about the slightly odd location, I thought it would be a little closer to the main entrance. As an aside quite a few of us were standing on the small white wall in front of it to try and get a better photo only to be asked to get off as the wall had been painted that afternoon. Not sure why, when we have an average attendance of 50,000+ and you have unveiled a statue that will obviously be an attraction to most of those, you would paint a wall in front of it.
They have rebuilt the pathway, walls and so on. My guess is that it had to be painted to look right and appropriate for such an iconic statue's unveiling. If they'd have left the reworked concrete bare or allowed an ugly looking space to surround the statue I think we know what the wider world would have said.

Also, if it had been closer to the main entrance itself it would've been swamped by the necessary security checking and other stuff that goes on in that space, plus only certain fans would've been able to get to it on match day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.