Bell, Lee and Summerbee statue | Unveiled (pg19)

It’s going to look like Formby beach outside the ground if we carry on like this for much longer.

I’m not going to lose any sleep over it but I think it’s already got a bit silly. And now they’ve set the precedent for basically anyone who is a regular for 9 or 10 years, they’re going to be throwing one up every couple of years unless we suddenly go a bit shit again.

It’s going to look like Formby beach outside the ground if we carry on like this for much longer.

I’m not going to lose any sleep over it but I think it’s already got a bit silly. And now they’ve set the precedent for basically anyone who is a regular for 9 or 10 years, they’re going to be throwing one up every couple of years unless we suddenly go a bit shit again.
Be like the Terracotta Warriors soon, won't be able to get a pint in City Sq. Going to need the North Stand extension the rate they're giving away season tickets to ex-players. Hope they put them on the exchange when they can't go

All those statues…..put them inside the Etihad…and let’s get rid of this Emptihad nonsense!!
I would personally love a statue of an inflatable banana and that’s it……
No more.

Why don't people want statues? It's like people are subsribing to the view "we have no history" when we do!
I'm too young to remember the Mercer and Allison era and before but I have for a long time thought that era deserves recognition as it was and still is the clubs most successful period.
Personally I would like to see a permanent tribute to Mercer and Allison and maybe some other tribute to club legends like Swift, Trautman, Bell, Lee, Summberbee, Young, etc.
Whether it be a statue, or some other gesture doesn't matter to me but to dismiss it like we're not good enough for it puzzles me.
Statues are just statues. Interesting to those in the know….and pigeons. In Glasgow they put traffic cones on their heads and in Bristol they push them in the Severn.
The Aguero statue is …frankly….bobbins…and thoroughly undeserving of a City legend. There must be a better way of appreciating our legends.
The proposed Lee-Bell-Summerbee statue is ….frankly….bobbins…and thoroughly undeserving of our City legends. Copying the OT statue.
We worship our MCFC heroes and legends. They are OUR heroes and legends and we don’t need bloody statues to tell us that.
Put the money into something meaningful and sustainable. A charitable foundation with the name of a City legend doing good for the community.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.