Bellamy and Given

If we sell Shay we need a quality #2, one who is happy to sit on the bench. Our own Cudicini, if you will.

We will need 2 decent goalies this season and I can't see us getting rid of Shay unless we are bringing in a top replacement to compete with Joe.

Taylor IMO is not good enough so if Shay goes who comes in.

Would also we kept Bellers as he will still do a good job next year especially as an impact sub.

We need to be offloading the likes of
Garrido
Jo
Caceido

Before any of our first team squad.

I must admit, I thought it was a bit weird when Taylor was released, and then brought back. However, I would be happy enough for Shay to go as Joe Hart is the future - I think he's a better keeper than Given already, and playing with Birmingham last season he certainly had a lot to do.

The obvious plus point,if Hart is No 1, is that it would be one in the eye for all those smug journos who penned the "City ruining football by buying all these expensive footballers at the expense of homegrown talent" bollox

:-)

I thought Shay wanted to finish his career at Celtic. And didnt Celtic's keeper move clubs recently?
just attempting to put 2 and 2 together

LoveCity said:
If we sell Shay we need a quality #2, one who is happy to sit on the bench. Our own Cudicini, if you will.

We have Taylor who is a very good stand in for the odd game - hopefully Joe won't get any injuries and will play almost every game

As for Given i like him and as long as we get at least what we paid for him i'll wish him well in the future

Maybe they didn't want someone so short spoiling the composition of the photos. Or maybe they are selling him because they don't want someone so short trying to command a premier league penalty box. Either way, I'm pretty sure it is a height issue.

california blue said:
Wont miss Given if he goes

yeah lets put all our hopes on the inexperienced Hart, rated below David James and Rob f****ng Green by Capello. Let's get rid one of the best premiership keepers with bags of experience, rated top 5 in the world by Mancini and second only to buffoon by Trapattoni. Let's all ignore these 3 top italian managers and follow this genius yank. Given out.

Given is a great shotstopper but as has been said its surely a height issue a box loaded with six footers he'll have to get spring loaded legs, plus that goal at the swamp he thought was going wide and pulled his hands away then realised it was on target is burnt into my memory.

He should go for that alone. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.