Bellamy is not a left winger!!!

Bellamy is probably having the best season of his life, and you think he is playing in the wrong position, he is the only player who will play on the left who is willing to get back, and has been excellent when attacking

terryphelan said:
He's a striker.

Which make his performances this season all the more impressive IMO.

I would love for him to be given a chance in his natural position, imagine how good he could be for us.

Maybe Mancini will try this?

That means pushing Tevez out who has been outstanding recently - for me he needs to play on the left - hope he dont get pushed to the right to accomodate Robbi who for me at least dont do enough off the ball but if Robbi does pull his finger out then maybe he can do a job there as well.

All depends however on getting a yop left back because no matter what Robbi aint going to work up and down the pitch like Bellamy does

dctid said:
terryphelan said:
He's a striker.

Which make his performances this season all the more impressive IMO.

I would love for him to be given a chance in his natural position, imagine how good he could be for us.

Maybe Mancini will try this?

That means pushing Tevez out who has been outstanding recently - for me he needs to play on the left - hope he dont get pushed to the right to accomodate Robbi who for me at least dont do enough off the ball but if Robbi does pull his finger out then maybe he can do a job there as well.

All depends however on getting a yop left back because no matter what Robbi aint going to work up and down the pitch like Bellamy does

Why not though? If he has the fitness, why can't he track back? Bellamy covered so much ground, and can still set up and score goals. Robi stands there ready to do his little feet over ball thingy and that's it.

Corky said:
Xavvi said:
It's become increasingly popular in the last year or too to play a primarily central player on the wing that they can cut onto their stronger foot from. See Messi, Robben and Modric for examples. Bellamy is a quality player and has performed on the left wing so changing his role would be needless. Unless of course Mancini sees Robinho as the man for the left flank and Bellamy as the striker.

Robben is a winger though.

Bellamy is played wide as he defends well, and none of our other left wing options do.

He's still played on the right wing when left-footed, though. Hell, look at Robinho for another example. I imagine Mancini will realize this being a more tactically astute man than Mark Hughes.

NathanC said:
dctid said:

Why not though? If he has the fitness, why can't he track back? Bellamy covered so much ground, and can still set up and score goals. Robi stands there ready to do his little feet over ball thingy and that's it.

He has always had the fitness but not necessarily the work ethic of Bellamy - its no accident that when Robbi plays the left back tends to get over whelmed - Spuds mid week?

Too win any football match you must first compete and match the opposition - physically, mentally and work rate do and and the most skilfull team will nearly always win - dont do it and you win fook all - Arsenal being a case in point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.