Bellamy on Mancini and Robinho

It's just occurred that the long term interests of City could have been better served if the takeover had taken place twenty four hours later, as the transfer window would have closed.

The purchase of Robinho was as much about making a statement rather than whether he was the right fit, both as a player and as a person, for where the club wanted to go.

It could also be said that it demonstrated that the club were able and prepared to pay top dollar both in terms of transfer fees as well as wages. It may well be that it had a bearing on the extent of some of the absurd contracts that we handed out in the following couple of transfer windows.

That's said, it's not entirely inconceivable that we could have been relegated that season without Robinho's early form, so all's well that ends well, I guess.

When all's said and done Robinho was the worst example of an 'ego' since the takeover and given the nature of some of the competition that's no mean feat. I've always thought that he's a bit of a wanker tbh.

Sorry am I meant to be impressed by a gobby shit with a serious Napoleon Complex? Just because he put in a shift on the pitch didn't give him permission to argue with every single person at the club. The Mancini thing is ridiculous as well. He's the manager he tells you when to train and when to rest you don't make your own mind up.

conormcfc said:
quiet_riot said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
We played with 10 men away from home every time Robinho played.

Blackburn away?
Everton as well.

2 of the best away performances from anyone at City that season. In a season where we only won about 3 away games.

Always the scapegoat.

Elano and Robinho were both outstanding that day. Elano's pass for Robinho's goal was a Rabona as well if I remember correctly.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
It's just occurred that the long term interests of City could have been better served if the takeover had taken place twenty four hours later, as the transfer window would have closed.

The purchase of Robinho was as much about making a statement rather than whether he was the right fit, both as a player and as a person, for where the club wanted to go.

It could also be said that it demonstrated that the club were able and prepared to pay top dollar both in terms of transfer fees as well as wages. It may well be that it had a bearing on the extent of some of the absurd contracts that we handed out in the following couple of transfer windows.

That's said, it's not entirely inconceivable that we could have been relegated that season without Robinho's early form, so all's well that ends well, I guess.

When all's said and done Robinho was the worst example of an 'ego' since the takeover and given the nature of some of the competition that's no mean feat. I've always thought that he's a bit of a wanker tbh.

Strange how the period of due diligence run up to the deadline day, didn't leave themselves much time to flash the cash!

Good post which I think you make some great points. I think our statement made a rod for our backs but also Lescott deal, I personally would have chose another player but it felt like a statement, again.

Robinho was key to our then success, I think he'd enjoy it now with our current team but all was lost due to his character make up. Guys a prize prick. Pulled the same stunt and Real and is doing at AC Milan to push a Brazil move through.

NipHolmes said:

Good post which I think you make some great points. I think our statement made a rod for our backs but also Lescott deal, I personally would have chose another player but it felt like a statement, again.

Robinho was key to our then success, I think he'd enjoy it now with our current team but all was lost due to his character make up. Guys a prize prick. Pulled the same stunt and Real and is doing at AC Milan to push a Brazil move through.

Think the players in the last month of the season were far more unprofessional with far less reason for being so than Robinho ever was.

RandomJ said:
Sorry am I meant to be impressed by a gobby shit with a serious Napoleon Complex? Just because he put in a shift on the pitch didn't give him permission to argue with every single person at the club. The Mancini thing is ridiculous as well. He's the manager he tells you when to train and when to rest you don't make your own mind up.
Not if you have a set schedule and long term knee problem

SWP's back said:
RandomJ said:
Not if you have a set schedule and long term knee problem

Well his schedule was obviously not working if he had just been injured for 2 weeks.

Like most on here I loved Bellamy in a City shirt.

That said, I can't believe people are taking what he says in his own book as a reliable account of what actually happened.

The guy has caused shit everywhere he's been, he is obviously the common denominator.

He's hardly going to come out with a book called "Craig Bellamy, diary of a gobby, argumentative twat who just can't get on with people" is he?

Although having said that, I'd be more likely to buy it than the one he's come out with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.