Bellamy on Mancini and Robinho

Carig Bellamy has gone through at least nine clubs in the past 16 years , which kind of tells it's own story .... but you could never question the guys talent or commitment , and to me he's a top class finisher on his day ..... very much a class act , that goes without saying , but very much a player who has always courted attention/controversy ... and not always for the right reasons !

There's a lot to be said for not bothering with players who think they are doing you a favour by playing for you.

That said, Elano and Robinho wearing my team's shirt was a joy to watch. I wonder if I will ever see a free kick as good as Elano's against Newcastle, or a lob as good as Robinho's against Arsenal. Until Robinho arrived I can only pick out the first four months under Sven and Keegan's championship season as being the only times I've thoroughly enjoyed watching City in getting on for 20 years. When Robinho was on the pitch, there was a good chance you would be entertained whatever the result of the game. We sometimes forget that watching our team is supposed to be a joy, not a penance.

SWP's back said:
RandomJ said:
SWP's back said:
Not if you have a set schedule and long term knee problem

Well his schedule was obviously not working if he had just been injured for 2 weeks.
Non-sequitur

-- Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:49 am --

TGR said:
FantasyIreland said:
Who do you think knows best how to manage his body? the man himself? or an obnoxious,ignorant stranger?

Those words will be forever associated with Bellamy.
Answer the fucking question though.
I'll answer the question. Bellamy's a lying, self-serving piece of shit cancer. He has no credibility with me because despite the people demanding that I never question his commitment, I'm going to question his damned commitment. The shit-stain celebrated with an opposing manager on the occasion of us losing out on the Champion's League to said manager. Fuck him. He can die tomorrow and I won't shed a single fucking tear.

TGR said:
Its pretty clear that Mancini had already marked Bellamy's card as trouble causing, agitiating, negative influence in the dressing room (which was correct) and decided to ship him out.
Regarding the question - with Bellamy who really knows? Was it Bellamy doing what Bellamy does best - causing trouble wherever he goes? The club doctor was in on the meeting so he would know the full extent and history of the knee problem in detail. Bellamy also goes onto say that he came into training the next day and trained anyway so just how acute was the problem?
So to briefly summarise: Bellamy was trying to take the piss (as usual) and met a manager who wasn't going to be fucked around.
Also lets not forget that Bellamy has also said in an interview since he left that he got it wrong with Mancini and 'should have tried harder'. But then again he could probably say that about the vast majority of the numerous managers he has played for down the years. A leopard doesn't change its spots and Bellamy has trouble written all over him.

The word is chronic not acute,hence Bellamy's expertise on his own knees......

Regarding the Dr at the time,was that Jamie Tandy or Phil Batty? Both of whom Mancini had dismissed/replaced for reasons of professional differences i believe - correct me if i'm wrong?

You're right about the leopard........

FantasyIreland said:
TGR said:
Its pretty clear that Mancini had already marked Bellamy's card as trouble causing, agitiating, negative influence in the dressing room (which was correct) and decided to ship him out.
Regarding the question - with Bellamy who really knows? Was it Bellamy doing what Bellamy does best - causing trouble wherever he goes? The club doctor was in on the meeting so he would know the full extent and history of the knee problem in detail. Bellamy also goes onto say that he came into training the next day and trained anyway so just how acute was the problem?
So to briefly summarise: Bellamy was trying to take the piss (as usual) and met a manager who wasn't going to be fucked around.
Also lets not forget that Bellamy has also said in an interview since he left that he got it wrong with Mancini and 'should have tried harder'. But then again he could probably say that about the vast majority of the numerous managers he has played for down the years. A leopard doesn't change its spots and Bellamy has trouble written all over him.

The word is chronic not acute,hence Bellamy's expertise on his own knees......

Regarding the Dr at the time,was that Jamie Tandy or Phil Batty? Both of whom Mancini had dismissed/replaced for reasons of professional differences i believe - correct me if i'm wrong?

You're right about the leopard........

I think Jamie Tandy was the youth player Barton stubbed a cigar out on, iirc? So must have been the other guy, FI.

The Flash said:
I think Jamie Tandy was the youth player Barton stubbed a cigar out on, iirc? So must have been the other guy, FI.

Youre right mate,i think it was Jamie Butler on reflection.

And not forgetting the head of physio,Jamie Murray,none knew what they were talking about apparently........

FantasyIreland said:
The Flash said:

Youre right mate,i think it was Jamie Butler on reflection.

And not forgetting the head of physio,Jamie Murray,none knew what they were talking about apparently........

Indeed, whilst I couldn't criticise his efforts on the pitch, I've never warmed to Bellamy. Too much of a Napolean complex.

Is the book out, just nipped in to Waterstones and WH Smiths, neither had it in stock.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.