BELLAMY OR ROBINHO

Bellamy any day of the week.

Along with Given and De Jong easily one of top 3 best players this season and gives the team a drive and determination that Robinho does not.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
sweep said:
Hmmm that surprises me considering how long he was out this season, either way an in form Robbie is better than an in form Bellamy.
Why cos he's well known? Beckham's the best player in the world too.
Oh dear.

Moments of brilliance versus constant class and commitment

Bellers every time.

This thread highlights exactly why British football is so bad.

No doubts Bellamy is a great player but how anyone can compare him with Robinho is to quote our ex boss "laughable and ridiculous". I completely agree Bellamy's attitude and application has been better than Robinho's but I think any world class player would get disheartened playing for a Mark Hughes team that resembled a rich mans Wimbledon. You only have to look at Robinho when he's playing for Brazil to realise that when he's used to his potential he's one of the best in the world. His passing, movement, ability to leave a defender standing is second to none and anyone who says Bellamy is a better finisher has a very short memory indeed. I remember Robinho scoring 15 times plus last season. You also have to consider he had a major legal issue for a large section of last season hanging over his head which would affect anyones work, yes even someone earning £160k a week.

The British mentality is that hard work and passion is everything, well it's not in football.

fatbloke said:

No doubts Bellamy is a great player but how anyone can compare him with Robinho is to quote our ex boss "laughable and ridiculous". I completely agree Bellamy's attitude and application has been better than Robinho's but I think any world class player would get disheartened playing for a Mark Hughes team that resembled a rich mans Wimbledon. You only have to look at Robinho when he's playing for Brazil to realise that when he's used to his potential he's one of the best in the world. His passing, movement, ability to leave a defender standing is second to none and anyone who says Bellamy is a better finisher has a very short memory indeed. I remember Robinho scoring 15 times plus last season. You also have to consider he had a major legal issue for a large section of last season hanging over his head which would affect anyones work, yes even someone earning £160k a week.

The British mentality is that hard work and passion is everything, well it's not in football.

Spot on.

fatbloke said:

You see, this is the problem with the British mentality. They read something that partially makes sense, then agree with it without engaging their brain.

I'd like you to explain why the United team that has dominated football over the past decade saw no use for any flair players like Robbie. The only one they ever had was Ronaldo, and he was sometimes the hardest worker on the pitch.

Or why Ronaldinho never played for Chelsea. Or why Barcelona have Messi, and that's it (another one who puts a shift in though).

The reason why Brazilian football is starting to decline, is because the modern game is no longer about the skill that they excel at, it is also about workrate, strength and passion. The Brazilians by and large, never teach this to players. This is why they won't win a World Cup for about a decade, until they work this out.

Look at all of the top flair players in the world, and everyone of them works really hard for the team also, which then justifies their skill. If you take the deft touches from the game of Messi, Kaka, Ronaldo, etc, they are still fantastic players. If you lose this from Robbie, he's hardly a reserve.

Robinho is a more talented version of Elano, and unless he learns about workrate, defensive duties and tactical awareness, he will end up in the same place. I hate to say this, but he badly needs to develop as a player but I think that he has the 'typical Brazilian attitude' that has been shown in the past by Romario, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, etc and will probably never develop into the player that he could be.

Damocles said:
fatbloke said:

You see, this is the problem with the British mentality. They read something that partially makes sense, then agree with it without engaging their brain.

I'd like you to explain why the United team that has dominated football over the past decade saw no use for any flair players like Robbie. The only one they ever had was Ronaldo, and he was sometimes the hardest worker on the pitch.

Or why Ronaldinho never played for Chelsea. Or why Barcelona have Messi, and that's it (another one who puts a shift in though).

The reason why Brazilian football is starting to decline, is because the modern game is no longer about the skill that they excel at, it is also about workrate, strength and passion. The Brazilians by and large, never teach this to players. This is why they won't win a World Cup for about a decade, until they work this out.

Look at all of the top flair players in the world, and everyone of them works really hard for the team also, which then justifies their skill. If you take the deft touches from the game of Messi, Kaka, Ronaldo, etc, they are still fantastic players. If you lose this from Robbie, he's hardly a reserve.

Robinho is a more talented version of Elano, and unless he learns about workrate, defensive duties and tactical awareness, he will end up in the same place. I hate to say this, but he badly needs to develop as a player but I think that he has the 'typical Brazilian attitude' that has been shown in the past by Romario, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, etc and will probably never develop into the player that he could be.

Sorry Damocles but that is complete rubbish. Firstly how is Brazilian football on the decline? it has never been stronger and secondly if you think Messi works hard for the team then i don't know what you have been watching.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.