Bellamy

Manchester_City_Blue

Top pro Bellamy gives beach the boot

CRAIG BELLAMY has given his holidays the elbow to make sure he is fighting fit for the start of the season after the quicksilver striker, 29, was forced out of the last six weeks of the campaign by a knee injury.

Wales skipper Bellamy, who fired five goals in his first seven games following a January move from West Ham, limped out of the UEFA Cup first-leg defeat in Hamburg and failed to recover for the Premier League run-in.

Optimistic hopes that the former Blackburn ace might still be able to bring his goal-power to the last two crucial games, with City chasing a seventh-place finish and a Europa Cup ticket, were eventually dashed.

But manager Mark Hughes, his former boss at Ewood Park and Wales, said: "I've spoken to Craig and he's running again, which is good news. He's talked me through exactly where he's at with his rehab.

"He's going to be working right through the summer and he's going to take no break, so when he comes back for pre-season he'll be raring to go. I'd expect no less - that's how he is. From a profesional point of view he's one of the best I've ever worked with."

Bellamy's injury also robs John Toshack of his captain next month. Ched Evans flies the Blue flag in the squad to face Estonia at Llanelli in Friday's friendly before the World Cup qualifer with Azerbaijan in Baku.

Odds on him getting crocked again before the end of September?

Good luck to him though and I hope the rehab pays off.

Daz_Blue said:
Anyone think Bellers will just be a squad player (3rd or 4th choice striker) come the start of the new season ?
i econ he will be an impact sub, ideal to come on at 65-70 min and inject pace into play

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.